Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first car with LED Headlights, I jumped into my 2020 E pace covered in ice due to it being -2C started it and waited for the windscreen to clear, scraped the side windows and then set off. When I got round the corner I thought my headlights had failed and it was only on daylight running lights. I stopped and looked at the lights and they were still frosted, hence very poor lights. I then twigged that LED lights are cool, so no heat to defrost them!
I scraped them clear no problem, but scraping plastic light lenses is not a great thing to do. I am not sure if deicer is the answer on plastic , so any advice?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I noticed the same this morning, and use a cloth with de-icer sprayed onto it for the lights as I have done with previous cars.
I'm impressed with the heated windscreen though, much faster than my previous Discovery Sport.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The remote start helps with this and usually after 5mins the ices wipes off easier. Make sure you don't use any only cheap deicer as the plastic may be compromised albeit unlikely. I spray mine with a small mixed up bottle of Autoglym screenwash and filtered water when I park up for the night which helps stop it forming and wipes off easier. Also works as deicer if you forget.

Jaguar if you read posts can you consider a small heater element in these lights😁

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.