Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum and this is my first post.
I am thinking of buying a Jaguar for the first time and would appreciate comments about my preferred choice, which is the p250 R Design SE.
I am retired and would only do about 4000 miles a year so the relative low mpg should not be a problem. I have been frightened off buying a diesel by all the bad press of late and wonder what might be on the horizon for diesel cars
Thanks in advance for any advice that I receive

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get gas (petrol?) - get automatic. Yes I like manual transmissions myself, but all these fancy features that make the car drive itself, if we're honest with ourselves, really need an automatic to be fully featured.

Like I say, you will only regret the options that you don't purchase - so get as many as possible.

Ditto the meridian. I am an advocate for the under-recognized HUD on these forums - it is awesome and you will never look at your speedometer (or sat nav) again with it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
More feedback here for anyone considering basic Jaguar stereo or upgrade to Meridian stereo.. I had recommended on the basis that's what I have and thought it sounded extremely good compared to most other car stereos, hence a confident rec.

The other day I was driving around in a pretty bare bones XE, compared to usually the loaded E-Pace… the XE had the basic Jaguar stereo. Not a 1:1 comparison, but I figure close enough.

Er mah gald the basic stereo hurt my ears after a while. Tinny and grating. To be fair, it was like most generic car stereos where people go into the audio settings and immediately ramp up the treble and bass settings, but a step behind the 'luxury' brands. The difference from the Meridian was yuuge.

I'm talking about level 1 Meridian. I've never heard the "surround" Meridian, and can only imagine whether it sounds 'better' (tough to believe because base Meridian sounds so good), or maybe just 'louder.'

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I've gone the whole hog and got the P250 R Dynamic HSE with meridian, HUD etc

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice.

Another thing I noticed while I'm here, for anyone asking similar questions-

Until I was in that bare bones XE, I had not fully appreciated how really nice the "Windsor" leather is! Whatever was in the XE I will just refer to as 'pleather.' Anyone that is on the fence, I encourage going for the Windsor, it is impressive.

BTW, I think I read somewhere a while back when I was googling to figure out what "Windsor" meant for leather (it's just a marketing name) that the outfit that supplies the stuff also does ferrari and lambo. Don't quote me on that in case I misfired in my googling, but if true it means we're all in good company!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts