Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm currently looking seriously at purchasing a new E Pace and judging by some comments on here I'm thinking I maybe be mad :roll: That said people only tend to post negatives rather than positives, at least I hope so.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice, I'm pretty clear on the spec I want other than the engine. I definitely want petrol and not a PHEV and I really fancy the P300 Sport but cant find any decent reviews and getting a test drive looks impossible. That said the P250 looks very good too and similarly difficult to get a test drive.

Any thoughts and advice on P250 v P300 would really be appreciated

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Happy P250 owner here, First Edition. Not once have I said "gee, I wish I had the 300"... because this thing moves. Of course, I haven't driven the 300 either, but I'm guessing you will be quite happy with the 250. I figured if the P300 was that important, that would have been the First Edition version instead.

My usual advice would be to get all the options you can get. If a choice of one or the other, IMHO that money is better spent on the options rather than the minor engine upgrade.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Happy P200 owner here.
I had the P250 XE and it's a great engine.
I sometimes feel my P200 is a bit flat when overtaking but it's normally when I forget to select a lower gear first and can't really be compared with the XE. It also picks up speed very well when in the right gear.
I'm really pleased with the car overall.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 2018 P250. I think the performance is excellent, and very impressive for a 1.9 tonne vehicle. Very quick off the line and excellent for overtaking, particularly if you put it in Sport mode, and very relaxing to drive when you aren't in a hurry. Making reasonable allowance for size and weight, the handling and fun factor are surprisingly good - the driving experience is primarily why I bought one. In terms of the horror stories on here, well, the reality is they aren't massively reliable, or particularly well built, but I don't think they are particularly worse than other so call premium brands. Lots of issues have been about software, and on the 1st generation that seems largely sorted. Some (but certainly not all) off the Dealers also seem to be pretty useless, but the warranty does work and they will fix the complicated stuff.
I echo the suggestion of raiding the options list - I love the adaptive cruise control and the adaptive headlights.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Another P250 owner here that's happy with it. Bought without seen other than online from a Jaguar dealer in Reading, and travelled from East Yorkshire to pick it up as a second hand car 10 months ago, with a mileage of 20500.
It was a bit of a chance but the pandemic forced my decision somewhat, however it is a great engine with a good turn of acceleration. Only one thing wrong and it has been covered by warranty with my local Jaguar dealer, and that was the key fob not being recognised and having to stand close to the car for locking/unlocking, this was cured by a new receiver module.
Surprised by the pleasant torque figure that gives me an easy tow with the caravan along with middle 20's for petrol consumption whilst towing, something I expected to be low (as a figure) but better than anticipated. Before this car I had the 180hp Discovery Sport diesel but was having problems with the DPF and my short journeys so decided to switch to petrol, no regrets other than a little less room in the boot.

You won't be disappointed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening all and thanks for accepting a new potential owner. I am thinking very seriously about the PHEV version as much of our travel is within the electric only range but I like the appeal of the petrol engine to avoid problems on longer trips particularly to Scotland and Wales. Any advice or comments would be much appreciated. TIA Adrian

·
Registered
294 Posts
adrianhague said:
Good evening all and thanks for accepting a new potential owner. I am thinking very seriously about the PHEV version as much of our travel is within the electric only range but I like the appeal of the petrol engine to avoid problems on longer trips particularly to Scotland and Wales. Any advice or comments would be much appreciated. TIA Adrian
The driveability of the PHEV is vastly better and reason enough to buy it for that alone. I have only just got mine and honestly it's night and day in every single respect over my previous 250 petrol. Apart from all that the petrol only ones drink fuel around town at an alarming rate due to the cars weight. I cannot see the point in the 250 petrol now given the minor difference in price over the PHEv version

if your heading up here on occasion then check out Charge Scotland website which changing shortly to another operator as the lost the Scottish gov contract but still zero cost charging after the changeover.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I owned a 2020 P250 SE. I really liked it and it was fun to drive. While I was happy with it, I felt the need to switch to the P300. I came from an Infiniti G37, which is a sports sedan with a good punch. I was expecting less performance (of course...haha) and was ok with my decision in 2020. It was missing a little more off the line punch than I was hoping for. The rest of the ride was nicely aggressive.

But with the 2021 interior refresh, I started to think about a change up. I was also already looking for new rims, wanting to remove some chrome, and other items. Given this, and a desire for more pep, I am in the process of switching to a P300. I say in the process because my dealer could not acquire from another dealer. That meant getting in a build queue, which means waiting on a 2022 model. Since I traded in my current car...I am driving my old Ford right now.

The P250 is peppy and fun, but if you like power, I say go for more now while you are buying. It is hard to add more power once you buy. You can always ease off the gas after you have it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I think the 250 and a few nice options is the way I will go. Let's the long wait begin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.