Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning first issue on the info panel : "lane assist unavailable".. then 1min later "Power steering assistance reduced" on a roundabout.. almost crashed into another car on the exit lane as the steering wheel demanded tremendous force to be manipulated.
200m later right in front of my parking spot (the last turn was epic) the steering wheel has stuck.

Honestly I panicked even if the car was stopped. I turned the engine off, then turn it on again and the error messages disappeared, the steering wheel was behaving normally... and I was able to park on my spot. It's obviously an electronic issue as everything went back to normal but now the car isn't safe, so I won't drive it before full inspection.

Called Jaguar Assistance, the vehicle will be towed tomorrow morning to my dealer.
I saw that the car downloaded a new update this morning (the last one on 25/06 was about upgrading lane assist and other key features... worked well !).

Fellow members of the forum if you have the same message just stop right away to stay alive !
I just feel lucky that it didn't happen on the highway, as I was driving around my 3 y.o. daughter.

PS / PLEASE DELETE THIS POST

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ecape said:
Just wonder if this issue could happen if the lane assist mode is switched off ...
It was off !
Just found out that it's the control unit of steering rack that needs replacement (I can't regroup my posts).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.