Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Couple of queries that I'm sure someone on here can answer. I picked up a 19 plate HSE today, really happy with it so far but a couple of things seem to be missing that I thought it would have. Should a HSE have a gesture tailgate? I thought it would as it's keyless entry but it doesn't seem to. 2nd thing which is relatively minor but I found surprising - no lighting in the passenger footwell, should there be?

·
Registered
48 Posts
My HSE has gesture tailgate. It takes some effort getting used to it. I just practiced until I could get it to work. There's a video somewhere showing how to use it. Might be worth a search. No idea on the footwell I hadn't noticed one way or another.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My HSE has passenger footwell light, was working fine in broad daylight just now when I unlocked the car and stuck my hand under the dash.

I've got the gesture tailgate as well, there is a knack to it, the promo video helps a little

The owner manual says it's a smooth kick and return not a 'sweep' although I find the sweep works better, so I kick behind the rear wheel, and sweep round under the bumper with the kick ending almost in line with the parking sensors. It's difficult to explain but probably works for me 90% of the time now I know how to do it. Just checked and that works in either direction ie. you can kick behind the exhaust pipe and out towards the side and it opens happily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.