Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

My P250 is one week old....my first Jag and first SUV....and I love it!

It holds the road well, has a superb driving position and plenty of poke. I love it's exterior and interior design. Yesterday, got into the car with a frost and the front and rear windscreen heaters came on automatically which was a nice surprise and delight feature (discovered you can switch this feature off). I also like then ETA share feature, so wifey knows when to get dinner ready when I am leaving the office ;) Cant really get my head around a car sending a text message!

If I am going to pick faults it's the labourous way to connect Spotify via Intouch control apps. It feels like you have to press so many menu buttons to get there. The infotainment system is a generation behind BMW but I actually like it's simple design and features and perversely feel safer without the BMW roteray control which made it too simple to fiddle with settings and screens on the move. Given the potential complexity of setting up a profile, an InControl account via my iPad and installing a SIM card, I never had any problems and it all went really well. The virtual instrument display lacks imagination and display options. Thats probably the biggest disappointment for me, I think I would rather have had real dials given there's relatively little wow factor with the virtual instruments. But this is nit picking.

I have been a little concerned reading about various problems people have had. But so far I haven't had any issues and everything has worked perfectly. Of course, people only post when there are problems so it's a self selected biased sample and important to maintain perspective........although, I don't want to tempt fate!!

Finally, the buying experience was one of the best I've had. No hard sell on the various insurance products dealers generally push which really puts me off visiting dealers and buying new cars. My only gripe is that the paper work was straight out of an1970s inefficiency text book, there seemed to be an astonishing amount to sign, some of which had no purpose (signing to say I understand the consequences of not having gap insurance etc) .....Ironic given that the car is so automated and connected.

I live in the countryside, so after only one week my car is filthy with farmers mud.....so it looks like a real SUV 馃槈

Registered
I didn't know about this, please tell me where i can find this?

the car with a frost and the front and rear windscreen heaters came on automatically which was a nice surprise and delight feature (discovered you can switch this feature off).

Very nice car by the way, looks great in red 馃憤馃憣

G

Johnno said:

the car with a frost and the front and rear windscreen heaters came on automatically which was a nice surprise and delight feature (discovered you can switch this feature off).

It via the touch screen, select Settings > All settings > Features > Climate. This gives you options to switch the auto windscreen/rear window feature on/off, The auto open/close option for the roof blind when you lock/unlock the car and to control the strength of the air con blowers.

Registered
AndrewinDevon said:
Johnno said:

It via the touch screen, select Settings > All settings > Features > Climate. This gives you options to switch the auto windscreen/rear window feature on/off, The auto open/close option for the roof blind when you lock/unlock the car and to control the strength of the air con blowers.
Thanks Andrew..

G

Johnno said:
AndrewinDevon said:
Johnno said:

Thanks Andrew..
This forum is better than reading the manual !!! Thank you for the advice :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts