Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I recently noticed this grinding noise coming from the rear of the car. I stopped to check what it could be and find both rear discs badly damaged with large gorges taken out of them. The only thing I can think of that has caused this is the brake pads have disintegrated.

The car is only a year old and has been driven lightly around town. There should have been a brake warning light to indicate that the brake pads were worn. So I checked the user manual and confirmed that, yes worn brake pads will give you an amber warning on the dashboard.

The car is going in for a service in two days to repair the balance shaft that has failed and is making the engine whine. Also got a DPF warning come up after only 10,000 miles, again strange since the service interval should be much longer than that.

I guess this is another issue to be fixed, just hope they don't try and claim the brakes are normal wear and tare.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

l don't have my E Pace yet, pick it up on 2nd Sept, still driving my XE until then

The e pace is has same chassis as the LR Discovery Sport. There is lots of topics on the https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4759&hilit=Rusty+rear#p37053 about rear brake problems. Hoping that this is not the same problem

Will follow this with interest

G

·
DPF isn't a service thing - if you're driving around town, you just need to take it out on a longer, faster continuous drive to clear it. Do it soon, before it clogs up more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pinky1959 said:
They will claim brakes are normal wear and tear .
I would ask them to check why the brake warning light didn't work and if it was faulty you should get them free.
They said that there is only one sensor on the inner pad. The outer pad was the one that wore down hence why the sensor did not pick it up. Highly dubious if you ask me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.