Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My girlfriend has pushed the rear camera into the housing trying to open the boot on my E Pace 馃檪. To be fair it's pretty near the boot button and seemed pretty flimsy and easy to push in. Anyone else had this issue and is there an easy fix without dismantling the interior lining and tackling from the inside? Thanks

Registered
My wife did the same , dealer showed me it could be accessed from outside the car by prising out the panel the camera is in, after this is released camera can be refitted by reattaching clip which is at the rear, although a bit fiddly

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
graham14 said:
My wife did the same , dealer showed me it could be accessed from outside the car by prising out the panel the camera is in, after this is released camera can be refitted by reattaching clip which is at the rear, although a bit fiddly
Thanks! I'll take a look at that, hopefully it will save a trip to the dealer! Glad to know I'm not alone with this :lol:

Registered
My wife accidentally pushed in the rear view camera - as mentioned above, it is positioned where you'd expect the boot button to be. Does anyone have any advice (or a video) about how to safely detach the housing so I can clip the camera back in place?

Registered
This has happened to me now 4 times , firstly when the car was a couple of months old and this was fixed by the garage , 2nd and 3rd times pushed back but not fully dislodged and it went back into its position , this last time it has gone fully into the casing , might have try at the self fix above before making an expensive trip to the garage.
First time it was me , since then it is people who are putting things into the boot and do not know the button is off centre.
Def a design fault on what is a really nice car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts