Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Briarwood said:
So the recall fix has been applied only for the injector to fail now. (2018 model) anyone else had this issue?
Well not sure about injectors, I had F pace and software update was applied in June or July this year the day I picked the car in few hours I had check engine light.
After too much of mental torture between dealer / Jag assist it was camshaft sensor faulty.

Ideally this fan update should not be linked with anything else but who knows if that has caused it or its just a coincidence.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update - the issue is a misfire at cold start. Changing the injector didn't help. They have changed the spark plugs but that also hasn't helped. They are now doing a fuel drain down to see if that clears it.
Been in the shop two weeks now. Can you describe to me what was happening in your fpace?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well for me check engine light was ON.
It was giving error code don't remember on top of my head.
Jag assist did diagnosis and said the error code is pointing to camshaft sensor faulty.
When you start the car and leave it idle I was able to hear a very low intermittent sound.
Which was like engine will stall a knocking sound would be better representation but gets the rpm back up then would run smooth idle.
And then process repeats.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So 3 weeks in and the cub is still with Jag. Today they are going to get it hot, remove all the spark plugs (again) and stick a camera down. They now suspect there may be coolant in there somewhere....

Getting rather too used to the spec'd Up Discovery Sport R they have left me with....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well I had 2 times Evoque, 1 time xf sportback, 1 time full fat discovery , last was discovery sport.
And then I left JLR as it was too much of running between dealer calling Jag assist and exchanging cars for me, it was affecting my daily routine job.
Felt sad seeing F Pace go never mind.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have you tried involving JLR when you found out from dealer they would be taking engine apart?
I would say better put up a case with JLR as well while it's been looked at dealership.
In my whole experience I feel sometimes dealership are doing unnecessary work but they get paid from JLR and those problems re appear even when they say fixed.
End of the day this shouldn't be happening.
I would never be happy in anyway.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
107 Posts
Briarwood, Makers sorry to hear of your problems - these engines just get more complicated with the risk of introducing more issues.
I'd be interested to know the engine specs you have / had and mileage done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks Briarwood.
Hopefully they'll find and then sort the problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So no leaks or issues with the cylinder head. They have now decided to replace the whole engine rather than keep trying to find the problem. I still suspect this is a software/electrics issue so will be interesting to see the result.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.