Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
I have also set my sights on an E-PACE 250P, however I have my doubts about the common problems. Especially the water pump and the multimedia system. Is there already a solution, because the first models of 2018 will be out of warranty next year and what will a repair cost?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My recommendation would be STAY WELL AWAY FROM JAGUAR
It is a fun car, but it's not worth all the problems that come with it, and I really worry about when my p250 2018 runs out of warranty.
They are already refusing to fix a brake issue on mine wanting instead to charge £550.00 for rear brake discs Thant needs replacing due to the fact that they are corroded which started when the car was only 6months old

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2018 P250 and haven't suffered any major problems. I live in Cyprus so corroding discs aren't very likely. But neither have I suffered a water pump problem. The infotainment system probably isn't the best in class but does everything I need. The Meridian surround sound system is awesome. A powered tailgate is a must. I'm very happy with the vehicle and here we get the first 3 annual services free.

G

·
I also enjoy my 2018 P300 (same engine as the 250) very much.
Only one issue regarding a defective headlight so far. Everything else including infotainment is fine. Initially I was very underwhelmed by the 9 speed auto but after learning a more usual driving pattern (the car was an ex demo) all is now well.

G

·
I can tell you that my p300 returns around 31-32MPG according to the trip computer. Broadly in line with my previous Jag which as a 3.0V6 X type.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fuel consumption depends massively on how you drive it, and I have found my e-pace to be much more sensitive to driving style than previous fairly high performance cars. Short trips from cold 15mpg is pretty common, on a long run at a really gentle pace you can get 35+. Put it in sport mode and drive enthusiastically and you will use all the fuel in the world, so best reserved for a quiet winding road where the e-pace is a ridiculous amount of fun. I usually average around 27 with quite a bit of town driving. If you are worried about fuel consumption a 1.9 ton 4x4 may not be a great choice!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have to agree with all the good comments here. My P250 is a fabulous car and I have not had any major problems yet. You must realise that the majority of owners do not have problems and do not post here. WHilst those who do have problems will post here. Thus these forums give an unfair negative view of the car.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The car is heavy and fuel economy in stop start town driving is 15mpg at best, you can get just over 30 on motorway journeys but being realistic its more like 26mpg. It's fast though so overtakes are reassuring :D

As for infotainment make sure it's a 2019 MY that's pretty good in use especially the androids/Apple play which will keep it from being as outdated.

G

·
Mine's a 2018 and has both Apple and Android connectivity. Fairly certain it's available throughout the range all years once the multimedia system has had the upgrade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an early model but when I brought the car in for a software update (the GPS locator wasn't working so satnav didn't work) the garage updated the software to the latest version which includes Apple and Android connectivity.
A different garage told me I would have to pay for that upgrade.
Anyway, my point is that the difference is software only. Jaguar are separately working on a facelift model due next year I think which will have the latest three screen layout from ipace and XE as well as new headlights etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WaywardFaun said:
I have to agree with all the good comments here. My P250 is a fabulous car and I have not had any major problems yet. You must realise that the majority of owners do not have problems and do not post here. WHilst those who do have problems will post here. Thus these forums give an unfair negative view of the car.
True, as I read now there are still many people who are satisfied, I hope that the water pump problem will also be fine, the disadvantage is that you cannot ask for the newest water pump under warranty and have them installed before the old one is broken. , who knows what the replacement after the warranty will cost.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As the previous poster pointed out on fuel consumption. A lot depends on how you drive it. Road trips in Eco mode, high 20 mpgs. Around town in ECO, still about that. As you get more aggressive, the gas burns. Dynamic, sport, and manual shifting will get you right around the 18 mpg....Sometimes I want a fun drive and then the fuel gauge drops fast, I look at the wallet, and go back to boring...haha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.