Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like to see if anyone else is having problems with the range that they are able to open their E-Pace from ? Ever since we got it in February it has been poor. Often have to be around 3-4 feet away before it will unlock or open the boot. It has been back to the dealers a couple of times and on the last visit, both keys, an internal aerial and a control module were replaced. It's not really any better.
The XF we had before could be opened from about 100 feet away, same with old Volvo and my Alfa.
Putting your hand into the door handle works most of the time, but pressing the indent on the handle to lock often doesn't do anything.

Anyone else ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,
I have the keyless, works OK on the doors, no problems with range for the boot door, the only issue is sometimes the "kick" open for the boot is a bit hit and miss.
I would not complain too much about the closeness of openning, to my way of thinking it's a security feature, you don't want to open your boot from 100 yards away, and some thief running past and stealing your shopping.

Have Fun !
William.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have keyless but can certainly lock and unlock doors or boot from 50m away every time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I've picked mine up on Friday and everything was good at first, was demonstrated to me numerous times. but it doesnt seem to be responding to me pressing the indentation to lock. Was fine at the dealership but seems like it doesnt register the key being there even though I'm standing right next to it. Gesture recognition in the tailgate seems to be the same used it loads when it was shown to me yet it doesnt seem to work now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stuey99 said:
Hi I've picked mine up on Friday and everything was good at first, was demonstrated to me numerous times. but it doesnt seem to be responding to me pressing the indentation to lock. Was fine at the dealership but seems like it doesnt register the key being there even though I'm standing right next to it. Gesture recognition in the tailgate seems to be the same used it loads when it was shown to me yet it doesnt seem to work now.
Good (though not for you!) to know it's not just me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same issue. Will not unlock if more than a few metres away. Dealer (Derby, UK) seems to think this is OK. Any help gratefully received.
Also experienced total lock out when parked next to a Jag XF. Only worked when other Jag drove off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have keyless entry however, can unlock the car with the key from at least a distance of 10 metres.
Re locking by pressing the indentation on the lock, this works fine when I use my index finger. Occasionally if I happen to try with my thumb then locking is not activated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts