Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was duly impressed with the remote climate option via smartphone app, but in the meantime I have read that this feature is blocked in Belgium (and possibly France as well). Which sucks.

We have a new E-Pace on order and what I'd like to know (particularly for 2021MY) is whether or not the remote start is blocked by 'geofencing' or by country version of a specific car.

That is to say that either no European spec car can remote start when in Belgium (for instance UK spec vehicle on vacation) or that only Belgium spec cars cannot remote start anywhere.

If the car has some kind of 'country code' that would bar it from starting, is this something that can be changed/programmed/re-coded?

All information welcome - and many thanks!
Siepel

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey, bij mij werkt het ook niet en de wagen is geïmporteerd uit Duitsland, dus ik vermoed dat het daar ook verboden is door de wetgever.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, Jampie imported their car from Germany into Belgium, and it also does not work... I wonder if it would normally work in Germany...?

·
Registered
177 Posts
It works in France (MY21), just tried it out, but as it starts the engine well it's not that convenient to use (probably forbidden in parkings) without mentionning the eco issue.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does not work on mine :( that is a negative point, because Volvo and others offer the feature in Belgium. Let's hope an update in the future (before wintertime please) will resolve this issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts