Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning with minus 4 temp I accessed the app which yet again asked me to login.

First time the app said vehicle was in a poor area and unable to communicate, or something like that. I rebooted the app and also the phone a couple of times but each time despite seeing the location part all I got was Engine Starting circling round and round.

First World problem and all but wonder if anyone has had similar and any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car is garaged every night so have not tried auto start until last week, with the car on the drive I thought I would use auto start to warm the car up for my wife and It worked perfectly.
I always have to log in to access any of my cars data etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine always says it cannot start because a window is open. Despite the fact that the app also says all the windows are closed.

It also says the tyre pressure monitor is working and the tyre pressure is good despite this option not being installed on my vehicle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When Remote starts, it works fine - but when it throws a wobbly reporting the Windows are open when they are not, or it keeps asking to login each time or when it just refuses to connect to the car, then its a bit of a pain.

As an aside, and being a killjoy, remote start and letting the car idle to warm up is illegal in the UK ....... (you are not in control of the car, pollution etc etc) - not that I worry too much about that ... ;-)

·
Registered
68 Posts
The app always said a window was open and failed to start the motor. I performed the procedure in the manual for resetting the windows after the battery is disconnected. Involved opening fully each window and closing again holding the close switch for some ridiculous amount of time (I think it was 10 seconds).
Anyhow, after I did this the remote start has worked every time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts