Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my wife made the easy mistake of using the rear view camera as a tailgate release button. The result is the lens is now pushed up out of sight. Can anyone tell me how to retrieve it? Any help in getting to it would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to this forum I've just been saved a 40 mile round trip to the dealers and no doubt a hefty charge. [ I think I'd rather go to the dentist] The fix took no more than 5 mins. The plastic surround just pops out with two screwdrivers and the camera just pushes in and secured by a plastic clip, job done. I can't thank enough those people who took the time to point me in the right direction. What is it with Dealers, I phoned for a price for a retro tailgate lift , I spoke to four people who kept transferring me in the end I gave up just fed up of listening to that stupid music blaring at me and then waiting ages for someone else to pick the phone up. I then emailed with the same request still waiting. I am referring to Inchcape at Preston in their new multi million pound premises, they probably don't need the money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could you explain a little more in detail how's the process? For me it happened just the day after we bought the car. Really really annoying! and we don't want to scratch anything from outside. Thanks!!

CGC said:
Thanks to this forum I've just been saved a 40 mile round trip to the dealers and no doubt a hefty charge. [ I think I'd rather go to the dentist] The fix took no more than 5 mins. The plastic surround just pops out with two screwdrivers and the camera just pushes in and secured by a plastic clip, job done. I can't thank enough those people who took the time to point me in the right direction. What is it with Dealers, I phoned for a price for a retro tailgate lift , I spoke to four people who kept transferring me in the end I gave up just fed up of listening to that stupid music blaring at me and then waiting ages for someone else to pick the phone up. I then emailed with the same request still waiting. I am referring to Inchcape at Preston in their new multi million pound premises, they probably don't need the money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's easy, prize the plastic surround at one side with a flat screwdriver then insert another driver opposite then prize the unit out. you can put masking tape around just in case you slip. The camera just pushes back in and there is a clip at the top to secure it. Then just push the unit back in place. 2-5 mins.

·
Registered
114 Posts
SR2019 said:
Hi everyone !! Could you point out which plastic casing can be pried open as I see the camera in one conjoined with the boot open button in one casing ( maybe I am seeing it wrong) or is it only the one with the missing lens piece?
Looking at picture like you already mentioned looks like whole unit need to come out and then stuck back the camera lens.
I have looked at my f pace and I don't see only camera bit can be pried.

Thanks.
KJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts