Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had two instances recently when using Adaptive Cruise Control and in Follow Mode, ie locked on to car in front and responding to its speed - in both cases slowing right down, when Follow Mode just seemed to disappear and car accelerated rapidly up to Cruise Control speed (100kph) requiring a very rapid slamming on the brakes.

Nothing obvious like a corner/hill/changing lane/etc, just seemed to lose the connection.

Has been fine and operating exactly as expected aside from those two instances.

Anybody experienced anything similar? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't think its supposed to do that and probably worth getting it checked by a dealer. Only time I get anything similar is approaching a stationary car e.g at a traffic light, where the follow mode doesn't detect the car in front at all (they have to be moving to be detected). Otherwise its always been extremely reliable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had the exact same issue on more than one occasion. One minute it's following, the next (and without warning) it's accelerating up to the cruise control limit. I took it in but the Dealer couldn't find any problem and suggest the sensors might have been dirty which could cause the issue.

If you do have any luck finding the root cause I'd be grateful if you could share it on here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine happily spots a stationary car at the lights and stops neatly behind it. I'm always hovering over the brakes though just in case. Dirty sensor could be the problem indeed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It will only "spot" a stationary car at the lights if it had been tracking it while the target car was still moving.
If you come around a blind bend to a stationary car at a red light it in front of you it will not recognise the target or stop. You can tell if the system is tracking a target by the amber symbol in the top centre of the instrument display.

The common problem I experience is when the car in front of me slows to a stop at a red light but changes to an alternate lane at the last moment. The system will detect the target has moved to a different lane and command the vehicle to accelerate into the stationary car ahead or through to red light.

As long as you know the short comings of this system it works very well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.