Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm quite impressed with being able to build a route on the InControl Route Planner on Windows and then syncing it with the car and the Route Planner app on my phone. I can also build a basic route on the Route Planner app and publish it as well. But Google Maps it isn't - well not the way I use it. It's very limited in that it offers only one route which seems to be the quickest but not the least distance. You can use waypoints to alter the route but it's hard work and responds strangely to non specific locations eg road numbers rather than street names.

However when I access the route on the Navigation in the car it not only shows the route published but two alternatives, just like Google, and in my case they included the route I wanted in the first place.

Am I doing something wrong or are the Windows and Android apps not all they could be?

Michael
MY20 RdynS P200 Borasco Grey

·
Registered
79 Posts
You are not doing anything wrong. When you build the route on your PC it may be some time, days even before you start to drive it. Once you are in the car and select the uploaded destination the car will suggest routes based on current traffic conditions and offer you probably three choices. If you want to visit a particular destination on route you can always add waypoints to force the route. Be careful about waypoints because I have got them in the wrong order and found the car treating a waypoint as the final destination.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm finding I need to log in, to the car nav, each time I wish to synchronise routes and destinations. Even though I have it set to stay logged in.
Is this fixed in an update ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jiggyjag said:
I'm finding I need to log in, to the car nav, each time I wish to synchronise routes and destinations. Even though I have it set to stay logged in.
I find this extremely annoying too. No idea on an update, but surely this has been a known issue for a while now. A little piece of paper with the password on behind the visor - state-of-the-art it is not.

·
Registered
107 Posts
pxr5 said:
Jiggyjag said:
I find this extremely annoying too. No idea on an update, but surely this has been a known issue for a while now. A little piece of paper with the password on behind the visor - state-of-the-art it is not.
Thanks pxr5. Just a bug then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.