Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another oddity.
In my Evoque, I'd get in the car, start the engine, pull up the Sat Nav, enter the destination's postcode, hit plan route and away I'd go.
In the E-Pace, I get in the car, start the engine, hit the Sat Nav soft key - and wait, because I get the message "Sat Nav not available".
I wait 30 secs, and hit it again. Same result. Ditto after a minute. Ditto after 90 secs. Between 2 and 3 minutes later, it finally lets me enter a postcode, plot a route, and drive off.
This drives my wife in particular scatty.
I don't recall the car doing this, when first delivered. Only since I installed the SIM card.
I assume therefore the seemingly interminable delay is due to some sort of handshaking/ data connection via 3G. But it would be nice if the car plotted a route immediately, using its stored maps, then adjusted it if needed once the 3G link is established, on the road.
Anyone else see the same thing? The 3G signal here is not brilliant, but that's true of lots of places.
Anybody fixed it (other than by taking out the SIM card again!?)

G

·
I don't have this problem. Without the SIM card, or when there's no signal (welcome to rural Devon) it searches "offline", so I don't think it's a "handshake" issue.

The thing that bugs me is the connection to Spotify is very hit and miss. So 50% of the time I can't listen to Spotify as it fails to connect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bit more investigation this morning, with the following results.
Disabled 3G data. Opened Sat Nav, as you'd said, Andrew, it asks me to confirm me that I'm happy to work offline, but then route plotting is instant.
Re-enabled 3G data. Opened Sat Nav. Opens first time, and route plotting is instant.
Turned off the engine. Waited a few minutes, re-started. Again, Sat Nav opens first time. However trying to enter a postcode gives me the "you are working offline" message. So clearly not yet connected. A minute later it allows me to plot an on-line route.
In all cases the Sat Nav software opened instantly. At a bit of a loss to explain the long delays before this would happen before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts