Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Travelled from my home in w Wales to Essex a few days ago. Used the sat nav in the E Pace.

Why did it insist on taking me up the M5 instead of across the bridge?
Noticed there's not an option for fastest route in the settings. Is this the issue?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
13 Posts
Trust me the sat nav is horrific. Had plenty of occasions where it's trying to add on 30 minutes / 10 miles on a 50 mile trip compared to Google Maps!

I don't bother with it now and just use Apple CarPlay. A shame though as I have the digital dash and loved having the maps shown instead of the dials!

I lost my patience with the sat nav when it decided to take me off a perfectly good A road with no traffic and attempt to take me through a 'shortcut' it had found. Needless to say, said 'shortcut' was a complete dead end and had a nightmare turning round!

·
Registered
60 Posts
luis88 said:
Trust me the sat nav is horrific. Had plenty of occasions where it's trying to add on 30 minutes / 10 miles on a 50 mile trip compared to Google Maps!

I don't bother with it now and just use Apple CarPlay. A shame though as I have the digital dash and loved having the maps shown instead of the dials!

I lost my patience with the sat nav when it decided to take me off a perfectly good A road with no traffic and attempt to take me through a 'shortcut' it had found. Needless to say, said 'shortcut' was a complete dead end and had a nightmare turning round!
iOS13 and future JLR updates will put the Apple Maps and directions in both the digital dash and info panel of the regular binnacle

·
Registered
79 Posts
You still have alternative routes, they are just not called shortest, fastest etc. When you enter your destination click on the right hand side of the screen to select your preferred route from those offered. I don't agree that Google Maps is superior to the Jag system. Often when I am travelling to a new destination I will have the Jag system running and my wife will have Google Maps on her phone or iPad. More often than not the routes are identical. The Jag system is certainly superior to that in my last Mercedes or in my wife's BMW. They both predate Here that Jaguar, Mercedes,BMW and VW all use now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Andyben said:
luis88 said:

iOS13 and future JLR updates will put the Apple Maps and directions in both the digital dash and info panel of the regular binnacle
Where have you seen this? Can't find any information at all about CarPlay going into any digital dashes, let alone Jags... If any, I would have thought Audi would be the first as their Digital Cockpit is light years ahead...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts