Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Has anyone else not been able to sign into the SATNAV account and keeps getting the error 'There is a problem at Jaguars end'?

I raised it with 3 months ago with Jaguar who looked into it there end and asked me to take it into the garage (about 10 miles away).

The garage said there is a problem, it is Jaguars problem at there end and there would be a fix sometime, there has been an update to the InControl firmware but the problem still exists.

The defect stops you signing into a SATNAV InControl account. It doesn't stop an account from initially being created but logging into the online jaguar.here.com, that account doesn't have any vehicle associated with, which in turn stops you getting any SATNAV updates, using any extra features associated with the account and using the remote route planner.

It may be a small defect but I have told them if the problem isn't fixed by the end of January, I will be handing the car back and expecting a refund or same spec car that works back. If you bought say a new TV and it all worked apart from one channel, say ITV3, you expect it to be fixed or you would expect a new one back, so I think I am within my consumer rights here.

Would love to hear from anyone else with the same problem or is it just me!

Andy C

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi - sounds very frustrating. I haven't had the same problem; when I log into that site it has my vehicle associated and I can see favourite destinations etc on the website. I do find that every week or so the car asks me to log into the account to sync journeys which is annoying.

I'm afraid the apps and updates side of things is not the best. Not terribly user friendly and not reliable.

I don't know what age your car is but ask them to do a software update on the car, then you could delete your online account and start again. All you lose is your journey history and it might just kick start it. There is an unintuitive sequence of events you have to follow to set it all up - it's on this forum somewhere. Either you have to do the car then the website or vice versa, I can't remember.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya twabrigs!

Thankyou for replying!

I've deleted the account countless times, I have no idea what the neighbours think when they see me sat in the car with my laptop trying again and again, it doesn't look good for the Jaguar brand to my neighbours when they see me trying trying it and complaining afterwards!!!!! The software has also been updated to no avail!

The car is a 2019 E-Pace which I picked up new in August, so I'm very frustrated with it!

Andy C

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ulysse said:
Hi All

Has anyone else not been able to sign into the SATNAV account and keeps getting the error 'There is a problem at Jaguars end'?

I raised it with 3 months ago with Jaguar who looked into it there end and asked me to take it into the garage (about 10 miles away).

The garage said there is a problem, it is Jaguars problem at there end and there would be a fix sometime, there has been an update to the InControl firmware but the problem still exists.

The defect stops you signing into a SATNAV InControl account. It doesn't stop an account from initially being created but logging into the online jaguar.here.com, that account doesn't have any vehicle associated with, which in turn stops you getting any SATNAV updates, using any extra features associated with the account and using the remote route planner.

It may be a small defect but I have told them if the problem isn't fixed by the end of January, I will be handing the car back and expecting a refund or same spec car that works back. If you bought say a new TV and it all worked apart from one channel, say ITV3, you expect it to be fixed or you would expect a new one back, so I think I am within my consumer rights here.

Would love to hear from anyone else with the same problem or is it just me!

Andy C
Hi Andy

I have the exact same problem, ever since I took delivery in April. I agree it's very frustrating, I keep trying to log in every so often but always without success. My software is up to date.
I don't know what the answer is, anyone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya jjitalia!

Thank goodness it's not just me!!

Like I said, I'm off to hand my car back at the end of January if it's not fixed....that will put a rocket up their arse!!! Jaguar say it is their problem at their end, so nothing to do with the car............but they would say that so we couldn't hand the cars back if they don't fix the problem as the 'car's apparently ok'?

One thing I was told to try was delete the account from the internet and try a complete new sign in from the car.......have you done this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
It seems these days that Social Media support seems to get escalated responses...

Try tweeting at twitter.com/HERE... then step 2 it looks like the twitter account asks people to email [email protected]. They also have a support phone number if you troll through their websites for it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hiya Jagusa

Thankyou for your reply!

I have been though customer services here in the UK and tried everything they suggested over a period of phone cals and e-mails between us, they then told me to take the car into my local Jag garage which I did (very annoyingly he also said he would tell the garage about the defect so they knew what to check and the garage didn't have a clue about it!). The garage also tried to no avail......this is when I was told there would be a fix and I'm still waiting!

How long can we be expected to keep a car with faults? The person above will have had their car since April, 4 months shy of a year, without any fix. If it gets too long Jaguar UK will say we have had the car too long and we probably won't be able to receive all our money back by then!

I hope they can sort this and are not trying to sweep it under the carpet!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also had the message yesterday and was the same a few hours later. So I thought on my iPhone app I would sign out and sign back in to see if I got the same message on my phone. I signed back into my phone with no problem so I then tried again in the car and it signed in first time!

Hopefully it may also work for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hiya Wattie

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately this is a little more sinister than that! The car is in the garage as we speak getting a full firmware upgrade and hardware diagnostic test run on it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update!

Unfortunately the dealer has only had partial success, to their credit they have kept me informed all the way and have been battling this as hard as I did when I was initially trying to make it work.

I should now be able to use 'Live' features but my account still doesn't see a car and after multiple attempts of deleting/ re-creating accounts and re-flashing the firmware they can't add it. This may only be a small problem (unable to update any maps for a start!) but like I have explained to them, if you bought a new TV and couldn't receive 1 channel but still received 99% of the rest of them, you would still hand the TV back for the manufacturer to fix and if they couldn't fix it you would ask for a new TV or your money back. They have called in the big boys at JLR for technical assistance!! Poor bloke sounded totally deflated when he spoke to me on the phone.

Hopefully it won't go this far and we can get this resolved but if this isn't, I intend to hand the keys back and ask for a like-for-like replacement (I also had a few extra's fitted at great cost) or all my money back so I can purchase another car (it will be another E-Pace!!!) at the very least I would expect my subscription to be extended for another 6 months as I've been unable to use it to its full potential!

Andy C

·
Registered
184 Posts
I updated maps yesterday but still can't sign in, it is quite annoying when it greets you by name and then has this rubbish message about a problem at their end please try again.

It's not really preventing me doing anything I need to; the satnav itself works and I don't care about being able to access my previous searches on the website.

I will mention at service though which will be in the next 6 weeks or so

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this and traced it to the sim card not being registered. Apparently jaguar's error handling is shocking.

Easiest way to check is to try and navigate to Google via the web browser app. If the sim card isn't registered then you should either be taken to the sim card page or get an error stating Google couldn't be contacted.

If you get that then use the following steps to register:

1. Switch on the facility to share the cars WIFI
2. Link your phone to the wifi (if you hold down the option to share the WIFI on the car it'll give you the password)
3. Open a web browser on your phone -- This should take you to the sim cards registration page
4. Register the card.

Once you've registered the card it should tell you how much data you have left for the month. If you then register on the satnav it should work fine.

Bit disappointed that this isn't even on the FAQ pages as it must happen to loads of people.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks will try that. It worked fine (well, it asked me to sign in every 2 weeks or so but it did actually allow me to do that) until about a month ago.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Tried your instructions Ned71 but no joy.

Screen shows 4G connection, didn't connect to google as you predicted (nor does it provide Live News / Weather at the moment so I question whether it really is connected).

Then it forced me to the ubigi page, logged in and made no difference to the inability to sign on to navigation.

So I turned on wifi in the car and connected to my phone's hotspot. Suddenly News and Weather appears, can sign in to navigation etc.

Makes no sense to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.