Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would appear that since my phase 4 update the phone number to 'share Eta' must include full country code! Your contacts in the Satnav may appear to be the full number (ie +44) but if you dig deeper & it only has '07xxxxxxxxx then it may not work! I had to physically put in 0044xxxxxxxx.

It also seems the method of entering a destination has changed!

G

·
MalcolmD said:
It would appear that since my phase 4 update the phone number to 'share Eta' must include full country code! Your contacts in the Satnav may appear to be the full number (ie +44) but if you dig deeper & it only has '07xxxxxxxxx then it may not work! I had to physically put in 0044xxxxxxxx.

It also seems the method of entering a destination has changed!
I am getting the Phase 4 update on Thursday which will hopefully make accessing the SIM more consistent, but it seems that I may need retraining on operating the whole In Control system :?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Further to my earlier statement;

I really like my E-PACE and the features included but my 'Share ETA" feature is proving unreliable!

When I first got the car in May the 'Share ETA worked' when I used it a couple of times.

Then I had the phase 4 update because my data sim wasn't loading 50% of the time, the update has improved the data sim but initially the Share ETA didn't work so I reloaded all the contacts with the full international dialling code.

Then the 'Share ETA' worked for a few trips but this weekend I tried it several times and it didn't work again, very frustrating!!

I checked through the settings and ticked the box to allow the 'share eta' to used mobile data roaming, this was during the trip but didn't seem to make any difference. I haven't tried it again since then.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

G

·
I've noticed my ETA share has become very hit and miss. It was fine in the first month or so but now a message rarely gets delivered. I've alternated between sharing to a mobile number and an email address to no effect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey hi there. Sorry new to the forums and new to the E-Pace. Less than one week and counting. I've already notice an issue with the data SIM card not being recognized, seems to forget my wifi connection as well. Tried the Satnav Share ETA and that was a total failure. I thought it was just me. Hey ho. What is this phase 4 upgrade you talk about?

Many thanks
Dave

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snoopy said:
Hey hi there. Sorry new to the forums and new to the E-Pace. Less than one week and counting. I've already notice an issue with the data SIM card not being recognized, seems to forget my wifi connection as well. Tried the Satnav Share ETA and that was a total failure. I thought it was just me. Hey ho. What is this phase 4 upgrade you talk about?

Many thanks
Dave
Hi Snoopy, have a look on the https://www.epaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=248&start=70&sid=bb841a98d4697f91a000b11a9efafff3 about problems reading sim card.
It seems to have been sorted by a phase 4 software update, most cars seem to be loaded with phase 2or 3, but it does change the appearance of the display and perhaps other side effects and so some dealers seem reluctant to install it unless pushed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts