Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the infotainment screen on my 2019 Epace was totally blank....black /black !
I tried restarting twice but no luck.
I drove to my dealer ship in Huddersfield and they booked it in next week for a diagnostic review.When as I was leaving I mentioned the problem to a service engineer who was outside in the car park, he suggested trying again...I did and hey presto back to normal.
Here's the trick.....if if happens, lock the car completely , walk away out of radar range and then try again. In other words sort of reboot the thing.
Ant suggestions please....it worked all day today no problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have experienced exactly the same problem on my 2020 E Pace (I took delivery 6 weeks ago.) I tried to restart it whilst in the car with no luck. I then, as above, locked the car and went into the house, came out 10 minutes later and it was back to normal. No futher problems for the last 5 days since it happened.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PFraz keep me posted on developments....I will let you know what happens with the diagnostic check next week.

Cheers, Den.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi new to the forum,this happened to me yesterday and I followed the advice as above,went in house left it for 10 minutes and car was back normal, I tried to open the app in house first and it worked so knew it would be ok,as you can't communicate with the car to open the app if the problem exists. One question is this a warranty fix as obviously jaguar are aware of this and it's very common on I pace also.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have now had this fault 4 times in the last month, after the first time I booked the car into my local dealer in Shrewsbury for a check, after a day at the dealer I was told the "level 4 technician" could not find a fault as the computer said "no".
One thing for sure, I will certainly not own this car when the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine did this at the weekend. I locked it while filling up with petrol and it was fine when I unlocked it again, so you don't need to leave it locked for very long. I presume its a software issue and hopefully they will fix it at some point.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also have had the blank once so far screen. I am on software version 20b never had on 19b? Another quirky thing happened to me was I have created my personal Home Screen with clock, quick dial button etc and noticed the option to set it as the default Home Screen which I did. When returning to the car it had all gone and was like a factory reset! Had to put in all favourites stations create my personal Home Screen again, not going to set it as default again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem today (EPace D180 Auto S 2019). Turned off engine while listening to music on USB stick. Did not open driver's door. When system timed out and went off, re-started car but then display only showed "Jaguar" and refused to move on no matter what I did in the car (turn engine off / on, press on-off button on manual volume control etc). Tried solution on this forum (get out, lock car, move away, wait 15 minutes, unlock car, re-start engine ... hey presto all OK again.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's annoying when you set off somewhere and 10mins reset is not an option. Rare occurrence but been doing it through various software iterations unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had that problem, the screen stayed black for a length of time that seems to depend on outside temperature. It took 21 minutes for it to start working when it was 4 degrees and 14 minutes when it was 13 degrees. After that time the screen worked flawlessly. I would say this is a hardware problem, a connector most likely. I took the car back to the dealership for repair and they upgraded the software, it worked OK for a few days and then went back to as it was. The car's at the dealership again right now, they say they'll upgrade the software still further so I'll know whether or not they've fixed it soon enough, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had my car 2 years and not had this problem. Went in for a service last week and the first time I used the car after that I got the black screen. As others - got out locked it, came back and all OK. I'm sure it must be because JLR updated the software as I hadn't updated it for a while.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine did it a few times over I think a couple of weeks, but it hasn't happened in ages. Maybe there is some obscure combination of conditions that make it happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My display was blank today. When I called the garage I was informed I'd need a diagnostic check @£125 (!) - I'm glad I checked the website and this forum. Screen seems fine now and I've cancelled the garage appointment. Just keeping fingers crossed it won't be a regular occurrence 🤞.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes mine did that once when I was in a hurry and been ok since. I have worked out that you can't just jump in and drive away immediately expecting the system to come on. I think the car needs to just warm up - including the diagnostics. I found afterwards that I had a a problem with the tyre message. It kept saying my tyres were set to a low load and they were not. I did have the diagnostics rebooted last week under extended warranty and this has cured that problem. Just hoping it boosted the rest of the system. Will keep you informed if not! P.S. diagnostics is covered under the extended warranty despite the garage telling me it wasn't. Had to ring the extended warranty people who then spoke to the service desk at the garage that I was covered.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts