Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the E Pace 6 months now, and it's due a service in a few weeks. I have a few questions.

Specs:
2019 (69)
P150 R Dynamic SE
Mileage 8,100

1. Booking Via My Jaguar
I can't get this to work. I can see the previous servicing (just the PDI listed at 9 miles) and when I try and book online it says "We're sorry but we can't identify your car" and then offers me a manual option of stating the car. I choose E-Pace, 9 Speed Automatic, Diesel, then there are two possible choices here 2.0 Diesel or 2.0 but which ever one I choose I can not see 2019 in the Model Year. All I can choose is 2020 or 2021 depending ont he Engine Size selection

2. Costs, Name
What's a ballpark figure for this servicing? And is there a specific name such as Intermediate, Full, 2 year / 24,000?

3. Extras
I don't want to be seen to be an easy mark so what kind of fries and colas are they likely to offer me? i.e. should I top up the adblue and screenwash myself before the service or will they charge sensible prices?

4. Time To Complete
I have a choice of 3 JLR locations. The Mrs would want to make this a shopping day :x so how long should this type of service take? Note one of the dealers is a new one in Bristol. I note it has some kind of 'Drive In Service'? Is that a true drive in, while you wait in the car thing? That sounds weird, but not as weird as a Drive Through Dry Cleaning service I once saw.

5. Vibrating Speaker. Under Warranty?
I have the Meridian Sound system and I think I have blown one of the speakers (driver side panel). I have Bass + 3, Treble 0, Sub Woofer +3 and tend to have the volume upto 17 for some tracks. That used to cause some distortion so I would crank it down a notch but I am now noticing the distortion on Vol 11. To mean it sounds like a ripped cone :(

Would this be repairable under warranty and could be fixed FOC during the service?

·
Registered
294 Posts
You should contact each dealer and obtain time taken plus the service cost as they vary
.it's a Jag so they should also offer pickup and drop off to your home assuming the distance is reasonable or courtesy car. I would prefer they are not rushed due to me waiting in the service area. If waiting don't get car valeted, saves time and the likely swirls. They will need to look at the speaker issue, report to Jaguar on warranty then if approved book car back in once part arrives. Doubtful they would carry replacement in stock. If already in for a service check should be free either way. If they start with the if it's not covered and want to charge you for checking nonsense then avoid them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recently had my annual 2nd service. Only done 16000 miles due to Covid. P250 R Dynamic SE
Booked it in direct with my local dealer in Carlisle. which is 50 miles away so I Just waited. Plenty of good coffee.
Labour 139-00
Filter 32-36
Filter - Element 19-05
Filter - Oil 12-15
Screenwash 4-93
Oil Drain Plug 4-74
Castrol pro E 0w20 7 lt Oil 121-66
Health Check 00-00
VAT 66-78
Total 400-67
A lot of money but I was very happy with the service and no problems if I need waranty work in the future.
GS.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Who knew, Ron Swanson drives a Jaguar!

Your post has given me a chance to let of steam. When I get my car home after a service I find the new bottle of oil in the boot to add to the growing collection of bottles from previous services. Then, looking more closely, I see the key fob battery also supplied in the plastic bag containing the bottle. It makes me mad, but soon forget it and never remember to raise this at the next service. I now have 4 bottles of oil and 3 batteries (I actually used one myself).

I thought these kind of shyster practises died out decades ago. I am still shocked that so- called reputable dealers do this without the courtesy of asking whether you want a product or not.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the service plan so don't know what it costs, but services have all involved leaving the car for the day for me. I suggest phoning the dealer to book it in, and they should be able to give you a price up front - they will know exactly what service is needed. I have always gone back to the dealer that sold it (now Jaguar SW London) and they have been very good for me, but others on here have had dreadful experiences with dealers who are either incompetent or can't be bothered. Unless anyone here can recommend a dealer local to you there is a degree of luck in which you choose.
For the speaker issue - tell them about it, they will look at it while its in. It can take ages for them to diagnose faults and get them fixed, but in my experience they always get there in the end (usually involving endless technical assistance calls with Jaguar). It would be difficult to describe these cars as reliable, so that warranty is your friend!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh, and DevonMan - at my first service it came back with the oil just touching the bottom of the dipstick. I would have been delighted with a free bottle of oil to fill it up. Audi gave me a free bottle of oil with a new Q5, but it was a diesel and it definitely burnt a bit of oil between services so that was welcome. For a P250 thats bizarre - mine doesn't use a drop of oil between services. Maybe you could hand them all the bottles at the next service and ask them to use that, and just charge you for the rest of the re-fill....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I got it booked in next week. Here's what I have found.

1. The online booking system "has problems, which are being looked at but there is no immediate fix".

2. Cost - Around £440

3. Fries With That? - I will leave this as-is. It is topped up with screenwash. I know it needs adblue as I had the 543 miles until complete engine shutdown warning.

4. Time - "a couple of hours"

5. Rattly Speaker - Will let this go for now. It's intermittent and can be fixed going over a bump. That makes me think it's a captive bracket for the speaker screw, possible a connection problem. This can wait for now.

As for Ron Swanson running an E-Pace, well as it's silver I just had to give it the nickname ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that was a bit of an ordeal. Not impressed at all.

The main issue was the time taken. On the phone I was told it would take a couple of hours. That's fine - I had scheduled a shopping trip for today. But at the service desk I was informed that an 'all day' marker had been put on the work slip and that it would be ready at 5pm. When I booked the service at no stage did anyone ask "if I could leave it all day" so why did it state that? I stated that 5pm would not be acceptable (I didn't want to spend SEVEN hours shopping) and I was then told "ok, I will inform the service team to try and get it completed earlier".

Around 45 mins later I received a text stating the work had started. Great! It should not take long to do this service (8K miles, 2 year) so I was expecting it to be done around 14:00. That's fine by me.

15:15 I received a text stating it had been completed. Ok, I can sort of accept that. But when I got there I was informed that "the car had been randomly selected for a quality check". That too me sounds like BS. There is a delay and they use that as an excuse. I asked how long this random quality check takes and I was told 20 to 30 minutes.

2 HOURS 15 MINUTES later I get my car. What a complete waste of a day. Tell me they are not all like that (Guy Salmon / Sytner Cribbs Causeway Bristol) !

Itemised Bill
JSERV Carried out 21000 mile service to manufacturers specs £201
Oil Filter £12.15
Element Filter £19.05
Lithium Coin Battery £5
Scotts Screenwash 1.00 @ 4.99 £4.99
Brake Fluid £13.59
Oil Plug £4.74
Lithium Coin Battery £5
Workshop Shell Ultra 5.8 @17.06 £98.95
Workshop Ad Blue 8.00 @0.30 £2.40

Did both key fobs really need new batteries? Only one has been in use this past 6 months.
Last night I topped up the screenwash to the brim. It was not used (unless they test the hell out of it) so did it really need 4.99 of screenwash? Or is that one of those christmas party fund charges.
Last week the adblue warning came on saying there was 500+ miles left. So what's the 8.00 parts? is that litres? If so that seems very cheap when it costs £12+ a container in the petrol stations. Maybe I got stitched up with the screenwash but got a result with the adblue?

Summary
Not impressed at all. The time taken was ridiculous and should have been better informed. As for the work done that looks top notch but come, on the screenwash was to the brim!

3 out of 10 stars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just had my D180 Cheq Flag in for 1st service (2yr with 13,000m) was quoted £406 when booked in (4 weeks previous to give plenty of notice and get day I wanted) and they asked if I wanted it picked up or a courtesy car, I opted for car.
Let them know of ongoing issue with low battery warning, no info on ASI screen i.e front/rear power split and asked if someone could tell me why we don't get any DAB logos, trivial I know, but the guys at work have other "premium" brands" and they showup on infotainment>

Arrived at dealer (Parks, Ayr) and explained everything and within 5mins on my way in a rather nice P250 XF Sportbrake demonstrator having told them I would be back at 3pm.

Received email with video showing car in workshop with technician saying work was complete and showing how to scroll to ASI screen! Not what I had asked. Anyway, girl called to say all ready and I explained about ASI thing again, oh I'll let them know. Also, we will need to rebook in for battery health check unless you could leave overnight, fine I said, that was my main issue so why take it back. Okay collect your car by 12pm tomorrow.

Anyway picked up car this morning total bill £398.44

21,000 service £180.00
Filter-oil £12.15
Drain Plug £4.74
Oil Edge Prof 0W30 £93.60
Screenwash £2.79 (I had brimmed it night before so was ready let leash!)
Brake fluid £12.55
Element Filter £19.55
Battery 2no fobs £9.94
Screenwash -£2.79 (shown a bottom of invoice!!)

Was told my battery was fine and given printout of test and asked usual questions about how often I drive etc, told them had loads of cars driven same way i.e mostly weekend only. Usual response, need to drive more etc. explained that I can visit my youngest son at uni in Dundee (2hrs away) and still get low battery!!
Girl then went and got Technician and Master Technician who came out to car and I explained all the issues. Drove car around car park to show ASI issue and MT said that a software update might be required. No idea about DAB and said that JLR's are twitchy with batteries. Mine had been fully charged and was showing ok but to monitor and get back in touch if it started playing up again.
We shall see!!

All in pretty good service albeit minor issues not resolved, yet. Anybody want to buy a button battery for remote :)

Noticed not many new cars in showroom, sales guy was straight over asking if we needed any help.
Would give me a great trade in price for my car but no E-Pace's available for 9-12 months !!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts