Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, firstly let me apologise for the length of my question. I am just trying to explain my issue as fully as I can. I'm a new E-Pace user and am struggling to get the sat nav display set up in what I would regard as a basic function. The system is registered and has internet access showing live traffic which is one of my main requirements. All I want from the stat nav (at least at the moment) is for it to show the car on a moving map on full screen with direction of travel going up the screen, e.g. arrow depicting car at the botton of the screen and pointing upwards with map moving to show the roads ahead. I have part of this but annoyingly the left hand part of the screen shows traffic incidents. I have not found a way to get rid of the traffic incidents. If I touch the green arrow at the top right of screen the traffic alerts disappear but the map then goes to full screen and stops moving, resulting in the car arrow eventually disappearing off the top of the screen. I've tried all sorts of options from the settings area but so far have not succeded in getting the display as I want it. Please see attached pic of the annoying traffic incidents which I want to get rid of. Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Rivy
What model e pace is it ?
Have you got the digital instrument cluster ?
If you have you can get the full map on there without the split screen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thanks for your response.
My car is 20 Model Year E-Pace D180 HSE Auto AWD with digital instruments.
How do I get rid of the traffic alerts part of the display on the sat nav screen?
Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Rivy said:
Hi, firstly let me apologise for the length of my question. I am just trying to explain my issue as fully as I can. I'm a new E-Pace user and am struggling to get the sat nav display set up in what I would regard as a basic function. The system is registered and has internet access showing live traffic which is one of my main requirements. All I want from the stat nav (at least at the moment) is for it to show the car on a moving map on full screen with direction of travel going up the screen, e.g. arrow depicting car at the botton of the screen and pointing upwards with map moving to show the roads ahead. I have part of this but annoyingly the left hand part of the screen shows traffic incidents. I have not found a way to get rid of the traffic incidents. If I touch the green arrow at the top right of screen the traffic alerts disappear but the map then goes to full screen and stops moving, resulting in the car arrow eventually disappearing off the top of the screen. I've tried all sorts of options from the settings area but so far have not succeded in getting the display as I want it. Please see attached pic of the annoying traffic incidents which I want to get rid of. Many thanks
Good Morning Rivy,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to take the opportunity to assist you with your query. Please may I request that you send me a PM with your VIN details and I would be happy to look into this for you, and advise you further.

in the meantime should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dan. I'm away from home right now in a different car but will answer with the information you have requested when I get back. I look forward to receiving your assistance in due course. Cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm sorry to say this, but why don't you just take the trouble to read the instruction manual, you will find most of the answers there. I spent the four months waiting for delivery of my car to read and re-read the online manual, so that when I got the car I knew how everything worked.
It depends on what mode you are in. If you are just displaying the map, then by clicking the button on the left hand side of the screen you can switch traffic warnings on or off. There is also a compass option that you can switch on or off. If both are off then the map fills the screen.
If you are using the navigation system to actually navigate a route, the the same button gives you many more options for showing, or not showing a split screen, some of which are dynamic. For example when you approach a speed camera, or an area monitored by average speed cameras, the screen will split to give you a warning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Rivy said:
You need to set a route to a destination.

Also turn off the satellite view - it uses up a lot of data.

Here's the navigation section in the online manual (also availble via the app).
https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4G/2019/T28655/31996_en_GBR/proc/G2186403

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Morning Rivy,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to take the opportunity to assist you with your query. Please may I request that you send me a PM with your VIN details and I would be happy to look into this for you, and advise you further.

in the meantime should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Hi Dan, did you receive my PM?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Rivy said:
Good Morning Rivy,

Thank you for your post.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Hi Dan, did you receive my PM?
Rivy, I suspect you will get more timely help via the owners group on Facebook
- search Facebook for "Jaguar E Pace Owners" - this forum software doesn't let me post a link to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.