Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MY19 car has Smart Settings. When I picked up the car yesterday, the dealer and I went through the set up to add a key to my profile. The idea is that when I or my wife unlock the car, it recognises who is getting in and sets up the seats, aircon etc for that person.

We couldn't get either key to be accepted by Smart Settings. The dealer pointed out a position under the steering wheel binnacle where the key is supposed to be placed before you hit Add Key. We were running out of time so I left it to sort out later. I had another go today at home,but no luck

Has anyone else had issues with this? If so, are there any tricks for getting the car to recognise the keys?

Brilliant car by the way!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've got a little way along in sorting this out. The owners manual implied (but not stated) that the key should be added before the phone. I deleted my profile, added the key first and then paired my phone. That seemed to work OK. However when trying to add my wife's key to her profile using the same method, it wouldn't add. The Smart Settings information is a little lacking. It would be good to have a stepped procedure to do this, rather than a bunch of disconnected notes and text.

In fact, a little whinge - the whole owners manual is pretty woeful. Mind you, over 30 years as a technical writer does make me more critical than most, I would say. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I totally agree with your comments re. the owners manual. It was clearly written by someone familiar with the car but poor at expressing him/herself.
A rule in these matters is to let a user NOT familiar with the car try and use the manual.
You then find out where you need to improve it !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys! Not entirely the same Smart Settings issue but as a newb to the site I can't post new topics yet!
Had the E-Pace just over a week and live it but the smart settings thing baffles me! All I get is Smart Settings Unavailable and no prompts to create a profile! Under smart settings there is an icon with an on/off symbol which is greyed out and does nothing when I push it? Any ideas :|
Thanks in advance ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts