Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Should I be annoyed here? I know the problems with availability of new cars so I thought I'd canvas some views.

I ordered a new E Pace in late Oct with a target delivery on mid Jan. It's a 180D AWD Auto. But my agreement with the dealer was that I could make a firm decision after a test drive.

The test drive was promised for mid November, then early Dec and the dealer now hasn't got a clue when he'll get me a 180D to test drive. And frankly he couldn't care less. His answer is simply that's what happens with new cars and he'll let me know. But to be honest I think my car will arrive before he gets round to it.

What should I be expecting from the dealer. I bought a VW Up earlier in the year and the dealer couldn't have been more helpful at all stages. Are Jaguar dealers all so arrogant and dismissive?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most dealer have had demos in a few weeks now, I have got one tonight which I need to have back in the morning.

Where in the UK are you.

Darren at Stoke is very help and they can get you an e pace for early feb if you order now.

·
Administrator
114 Posts
I was going to suggest a ring around a few dealers to see what they have in. Failing that, when yours arrives can you not test drive that and if you don't like it walk away?

·
Registered
8 Posts
hcblue said:
Hi everyone,

Should I be annoyed here? I know the problems with availability of new cars so I thought I'd canvas some views.

I ordered a new E Pace in late Oct with a target delivery on mid Jan. It's a 180D AWD Auto. But my agreement with the dealer was that I could make a firm decision after a test drive.

The test drive was promised for mid November, then early Dec and the dealer now hasn't got a clue when he'll get me a 180D to test drive. And frankly he couldn't care less. His answer is simply that's what happens with new cars and he'll let me know. But to be honest I think my car will arrive before he gets round to it.

What should I be expecting from the dealer. I bought a VW Up earlier in the year and the dealer couldn't have been more helpful at all stages. Are Jaguar dealers all so arrogant and dismissive?

Thanks.
Unfortunately some seem to suffer from this. We walked out of the first dealers we went to, the salesman didn't seem interested and after about 5 minutes of being talked down to we left. Went to the next nearest dealers and bought the E pace we wanted. Sometimes I think they forget they're salesmen.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I too have found Jaguar salesmen very arrogant. I bought mine over the phone as i knew what spec i wanted. It was actually my third dealership that i had contacted and to be honest wish i'd never. The whole process was a bit of a sham and their aftersales are non existant. Still waiting for a reply from an email i sent with a list of faults my car had but they've been paid so they ain't bothered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
Yes, reason to be annoyed. I ordered mine late July last year and only collected mid March. Salesman was helpful but was getting no information to pass onto me. Kept getting told it would be "soon, only a couple of weeks, next month" etc .
At the moment, waiting for its check up(should be after a month but delays on both sides). This is now due June 1 when A pillar trim needs to be replaced(defect in manufacture) and a problem with the digital display-No forward alert available, nor AEB .
On the upside, very pleased with the car-S version with all round camera, park assist, 380w stereo.

To be fair had supply problems a couple of years ago with the F pace, now changed to E pace. That dealer was poor with no follow up at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts