Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all you E Pace owners.
I am wondering whether to order this Jag having had a trouble-free Evoque for over 5 years from new.
It initially turned heads but is now commonplace but i think the E Pace will have the same wow factor?!
Never owned a Jag so unsure about dealer treatment etc. Any views would be welcome. (Hatfield Wakefield is my local).
I have read on this forum there are several teething problems still being ironed out....
What is the average wait time from placing an order? (I had to wait 5 months for my Evoque).
Also, I have heard of a new infotainment system now being fitted as standard with semi-AI, is that correct? Is that for the new model year though?
Thanks in advance for any responses which will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nooo! The Evoques far more distinctive, I still can't tell the difference between the E Pace and F Pace until I see the badge.

Oops! I've just realised I'm on the E Pace forum, thought I was on the Evoque forum. I'm off. :oops:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Buzben
I'll give my honest opinion here from an E-Pace owner.
The E-Pace is a great car, great to look at and great to drive but will be better when all the new model glitches are ironed out.
However i think it is overpriced for what you get and if i had my time back, after having 3 Evoques and bought the E-Pace only for a change, i would probably have gone for another Evoque, only this time a Dynamic Lux 1-2 years old max. ( I had one lined up if my car was not repaired to my satisfaction this time after it's 4th visit to the workshop). You can get some fantastic deals at the moment on these for the same price as an S spec E Pace. I thought buying a Jag would be a pleasurable experience however I will probably never buy another again. I, like alot of people on this forum, found the salesmen to be very arrogant but i have managed to find a very pleasant and helpful aftersales person at the dealer i bought my car from and has been very helpful in trying to get my car in top shape and restore my faith in the Jaguar brand.
I can only let you know my experience and i hope this helps. Some people may disagree and have had a faultless buying process but i certainly haven't.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am replacing my 2 year old Evoque with a higher spec E-Pace. The Evoque is a nice car but they are starting to look a little dated. Although I did have a good Land Rover experience I am hoping to get the same from Jaguar.

This will be my 33rd private car and having experienced most brands have to say, the customer experience is down to the dealer / sales person rather than the brand.

I am loving the look of the E-Pace and the fact there are very few around and in my opinion the E looks quite a lot different from the more "subdued" F.

I will however be interested in how the new Evoque and up and coming smaller Alfa SUV looks in a few years.

But if I were choosing between the Evoque and E-Pace at this moment, it would be the E-Pace every time.

G

·
....and to maintain a sense of perspective and address self selecting sample bias, I have had my E Pace for 5 months and have not experienced any of the problems reported on the forum.....yet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks guys.
Also, on my shortlist is the Lexus NX (hybrid) and the Alfa Romeo Stelvio. However, i have been frustrated by the local dealers for those two not getting back to me for test drives! It is taking so long that it won't be long before the new Evoque is out - so i may wait!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts