Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys anyone tell me what's the best deal at moment for data SIM card , I've been buying 3gig that lasts 3 months but was just wandering if there's a better less hassle monthly deal out there thanks John

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi John, I've just bought a 3 Trio sim, Data only, from 7Dayshop, 24GB lasts 24 months from day of first connection, £43.99, 12GB for 12months also available £27.99, I put a 12month one in last year on collecting car so bought this one ready for when this stops working, Tony

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All.. new owner of EPACE and was just looking to get the SIM installed.. got a free one from EE, 250Mb was the ad..data only, but when trying to connect it via the settings it says its not recognised or words to that affect.. anyone know why? Also doesnt always seem to locate in the slot properly

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi

I installed a sim card today and really had to push it down into the slot with my thumb nail until it clicked and was not sticking up at all from the slot. Then I had to register it with the provider (3 Network) and it was good to go.

Regards

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guy's I am new to the forum and still waiting for my E pace to arrive at the dealers, estimated delivery June. I am sure the salesman said that the E pace comes with a 500 mb sim installed, enough to run Sat Nav and any updates.
Keep on posting Guy's I find this a very interesting forum.

Regards.
Dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Bob... cant seem to get mine to stick down and it either pops back up and the car does not see it.. if i hold it down it says not compatible.. bought a three data only sim.. getting a little annoyed now :) .. will try pushing down harder to see if it clicks in

·
Registered
13 Posts
jdexley said:
... the salesman said that the E pace comes with a 500 mb sim installed, enough to run Sat Nav and any updates.
I'm just about to order an E-Pace and my dealer said the same thing. According to them, the 2019 model year cars have 500mb of data and both CarPlay and Android Auto support.

Eoin.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Taurus said:
Hi John, I've just bought a 3 Trio sim, Data only, from 7Dayshop, 24GB lasts 24 months from day of first connection, £43.99, 12GB for 12months also available £27.99, I put a 12month one in last year on collecting car so bought this one ready for when this stops working, Tony
Thanks for the heads up Tony. Just ordered a 24gb one and now down to £41.99. Plus another £1 off with top cash back.

My car came with a 500mb Ubigi sim, that once registered replenishes every month. It didn't last 2 weeks! As I put in another thread, had my phone set to update over WiFi. So that may have been the issue. It is quite expensive to buy any more data through them, 10gb is £55 and only lasts 120 days.

G

·
I have had a "three" data only SIM 24Gb from Amazon for £45. It worked straight away except I had to call Three to get the password taken off it and then no problem!

I use about 1Gb per month on Nav stuff and hot spot in the car. I also have a Three app on my phone and can see the usage !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi to those awaiting delivery of their E Pace. I got mine at the end of January and it came with the sim card that jdexley referred to and does have 500Mb per month for 36 months, i.e. for the lifetime of the warranty. So you don't need to worry about it. BTW, once the credit runs out you can purchase data plans through the Ubigi app that you need on your phone to monitor your usage. The dealership should install the sim card and help you to set things up when take delivery, just make sure that you have your phone with you but don't install the Jaguar apps beforehand as they must be installed after the sim and your In Control account is set up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, I think I may have set some sort of record for data usage. My dealer supplied SIM card has just expired after one week of ownership.. to the hour. Data has only been switched on for a couple of hours on the first day and two hours yesterday as I needed traffic info ( why has this to be accessed using wi-fi? My last car did this without any access to the internet, and the same again today, so maybe 6 to 8 hours max of connection. I have had my eye on the 3 Trio cards, but did see a report saying they didn't work in cars, but I assume that isn't correct as others here seem to use them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dave, I received my new E Pace a month ago, and there was an Ubigi SIM card fitted. The problem was that it appears to have been registered before I received it and I have no idea what the password was.
Anyway to cut a long story short I took it out replaced it with a 3 mobile sim with 1gb each month for 12 months. All set up in minutes......happy days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NewtoJag said:
Well, I think I may have set some sort of record for data usage. My dealer supplied SIM card has just expired after one week of ownership.. to the hour. Data has only been switched on for a couple of hours on the first day and two hours yesterday as I needed traffic info ( why has this to be accessed using wi-fi? My last car did this without any access to the internet, and the same again today, so maybe 6 to 8 hours max of connection. I have had my eye on the 3 Trio cards, but did see a report saying they didn't work in cars, but I assume that isn't correct as others here seem to use them.
Mine lasted three days! I only used the nav once.., for a 1.5hr journey! The 10GB data card in my Audi TT lasted over 12 months and I was constantly using Audi Connect services...this is a joke...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took delivery of my E-Pace in March 2018, and a SIM card was not supplied by Jaguar at that time. I shopped around and settled on a card supplied by Smarty, (which is part of EE). I took out their 2Gb plan per month, and the beauty is they give you a rebate on unused data each month, making it very economical to use. It is now cheaper since I switched my wife's mobile plan to Smarty, and we enjoy a further 10% discount on both accounts! I have found that this data plan is more than enough, but you have to ensure that the data hungry features of the system are only used when you need them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts