Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried a SIM that had voice, text and data but this didn't work. On reviewing the Jaguar details, it needs to be data only. I picked up a Three pay as you go SIM - 3Gb data which can be used over 3 months for £11.50 which works well. The only slight niggle, which I think is the car is that I sometimes have to switch off the connectivity and switch is back on for it to work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Three Sims seem to be the favoured ones on the F Pace website too. You can get them from Amazon. Mine was 24gb of data valid for 24 months and cost from memory about £45. You can also get 12 months ones. The F Pace view was that 1gb per month was more than enough for normal use (not using it as a Wi-fi hotspot for teenagers!). I think having it also gives you live traffic info on your sat nag as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have got a 1gb/month sim on id Mobile (Carphone Warehouse on Three network). It's £7.50 a month on a 30 day rolling contract. Will probably reduce to 0.5gb @ £5/month

Biggest gain is traffic updates and being able to send SatNav destinations to car before getting in.

G

·
I bought a Three data sim 24gb for £43. It's a PAYG. Jaguar operate a different model than BMW which has an embedded sim and you pay a subscription to BMW for various on-line serves covering 3 years in the purchase price of the car and then you have a menu of services you can buy subscriptions for. I prefer BMWs model to Jaguar as there's no faffing about with a sim and you don't have to bother with monitoring data usage.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What size (standard or micro) sim card fits the slot. Apparently there are two sizes subject to what you have on board.
InControl Touch Pro: Micro SIM
- InControl Touch/ Touch Plus: Standard SIM

My problem is I dont know wether I have plus or pro.
How do you tell?
I have had thecar for only one day.

·
Registered
161 Posts
HI, I haven't seen reference to standard sim anywhere, all documentation I have states micro sim, the only reference I can find for touch plus is only on F Type, and also on some Land Rover models with split screen and tv, there is another thread about sim cards, I use a "3" 24gb micro sim ,this lasts 24 months from installation, or until data allowance is used, these cost about £42 or £27 for 12gb, hope this helps you, Tony.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Tony, now back home and feeling very very STUPID.
It actually say MICRO SIM just above the slot.
I was in Town (Luxembourg) by bus when I posted so only found out when I got home.
Bought a sim from my local supplier (1.5G for 30 days €12) to try out and they did not know what size so I have both available in the card.
As and when It is working I will hope to buy a data only sim with no pin from the internet. Any help with that would be helpful.
Sorry for my stupidity.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We got a sim supplied with the car when we picked it up on 1st March. Addmitedly its only half a gig per month but its free for three years.
Its on a network I've never heard of, Ubigi, so we shall see how that works out. Doesn't seem like much data but as it costs nothing we can always replace it with a paid one if it is insufficient

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Gfplux, glad you have it sorted, you are not stupid for asking, someone will have had a similar experience and will help, Tony.

·
Registered
52 Posts
JV911 said:
For those in Australia, apparently only Telstra SIMs work
Good news! I've just installed an Aldimobile SIM in my car and it works a treat. I can get a stronger Telstra 4G signal in my car than from my phone when standing next to it. I've bought the $5 SIm and added a 30 day Data pack for $15. If I find that I want to continue with it after a month, Aldi have a 365 day Data pack for $95 with 12 GB.

The installation was easy. Plugged in the SIM, started up, opened the Connectivity menu and the car found it straightaway. Just make sure you activate the SIM before fitting. I can browse the Internet now using the car's screen. Not while moving obviously. Now to log into the InControl system.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ozcub said:
JV911 said:
For those in Australia, apparently only Telstra SIMs work
Good news! I've just installed an Aldimobile SIM in my car and it works a treat. I can get a stronger Telstra 4G signal in my car than from my phone when standing next to it. I've bought the $5 SIm and added a 30 day Data pack for $15. If I find that I want to continue with it after a month, Aldi have a 365 day Data pack for $95 with 12 GB.

The installation was easy. Plugged in the SIM, started up, opened the Connectivity menu and the car found it straightaway. Just make sure you activate the SIM before fitting. I can browse the Internet now using the car's screen. Not while moving obviously. Now to log into the InControl system.
Luxembourg.
I have a 30 day rolling contract with Tango a local supplier. 1.5GB for €12 a month. Cancel anytime. I have set the limit in the car at 1.5GB and I can see usage on the screen anytime.
However I have a problem logging in to Incontrol system. I have error message "email not recognised" as the email address is the same as I used to set up the account I do not understand it,
Any tips.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have had my E Pace now for three weeks.
I am in Luxembourg and have signed a rolling 30 day contract with a local supplier (Tango) it is for 1.5 GB at €12 a month.
I am monitoring the usage and presently on course for not much more than 500 MB a month.
I was told by Jaguar to get a sim without a pin code. The salesman at Tango manipulated the sim so it did not require a pin.
My question is can I buy a sim on the internet that will NOT require a pin. Or am I naive and all sims come without the need for a pin.
Advise please, thanks.

G

·
Gpflux

I bought a "three" 24Gb data SIM on Amazon for £40 something quid. I use about 1Gb each month on traffic and hot spot stuff and all seems well

I seem to remember sorting out the PIN by calling Three customer service and they sorted it out and all is well. I also have an app that tells me my usage so let's have a look now..ok I have 14Gb left to last me about 15 months so that's fine. You can set maximum usage per month on one of the car info screens but we are talking a couple of quid here per month 😀

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks ctoneman,
I will have a look at Amazon. I am still a little worried about the pin code. I wonder what Three or any other UK supplier would make of a call from overseas asking to delete the pin code.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts