Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have issues with e-pace not recognising smart key, this has happened a few times. After a short while it recognises it but need suggestions of what could be the problem?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is it the same using your spare key which will have had far less use so battery is unlikely to be as depleted ? If not it’s probably as twabrigs suggests the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have issues with e-pace not recognising smart key, this has happened a few times. After a short while it recognises it but need suggestions of what could be the problem?
I am having a similar problem with my E-Pace. Additionally, locking/unlocking of the car using the keyless capability (single figure placed on the handle indentation to lock, grasping handle with the key close by to unlock) seems to be working randomly/sporadically). Any ideas out there please?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine does much the same - its intermittently really slow to detect that you are touching the control. I have tried both keys and changing key battery. I'm presuming there is genuinely something wrong with it, so I'll be getting the dealer to look at it when its serviced. If you have tried the spare key and a new key battery I don't think there is anything else you can do yourself. I think these issues are solved by replacing the locking modules.

·
Registered
107 Posts
There's just been a similar post on the XE forum, but with a 2016 car. All doors would lock but when unlocking the driver door remained locked.
Not the same but locking mechanisms look suspect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts