Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my e pace since 1 March. Ever since I collected the vehicle, it seemed to be going slower than the speedometer suggested. I checked the speedometer with three different sat navs, all indicating that the speedo was consistently 10% out ( example if the speedometer states 80mph, the sat navs were indicating 72mph). My local dealer (Barrett's) have had my e pace for nearly 4 weeks, and have stated they cannot find anything wrong with the vehicle. JLR states that the vehicle is within the tolerance of 10%.
I would like to know if this is an isolated problem or national issue.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This appears quite common, previous car was XE and that was also about 10% out, at least you shouldn't get caught speeding, manufacturer has to make allowance for all scenarios, such as different wheel and tyre options, as tyres wear diameter reduces which affects speedo reading, and different tyre brands have differing diameters

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the digital speedo was integrated with the sat nav GPS instead of with the dial then that would have been spot on accurate all the time.
Even standard TomTom's etc show a speed on their screens - I haven't found if that is possible on the Jag's built in screen - does anyone know, is it?

G

·
I have not owned a car that indicates the same as the GPS from SatNav or DashCam. It is always higher. I set my cruise control to about 74mph on the motorway and the speed on the DashCam is around 69/70 mph. Perfect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts