Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of purchasing an aftermarket window frame kit online. I bought this one and discovered it doesn't fit the RHD e pace.

It turns out that the distance from the bottom front corner of the front window to where the side mirror starts is different on the driver and passenger side (who knew&#x1f937-2642;)

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Bumper Vehicle door

The kits are all made for LHD vehicles so on a RHD it just doesn't work.

Otherwise it was a nice kit and probably worth it if you have a LHD e pace. The metal is a satin chrome finish.

Cheers
John

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
You may have already thought of this, but it's definitely worth contacting the supplier about this. My experience is that they are very receptive to feedback in order to maintain a high score as an ebay supplier. It looks like those two small pieces could easily be remade and posted to you without too much hassle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ozcub
Yes I did have that exact discussion with the manufacturer in China. They weren't aware that the mirror placement was different between the LHD and RHD vehicles. The two parts between the mirrors and b pillars are also different lengths so they would have to make four new parts.

It's just not worth the expense for what they see as a very small market.

I have sent the parts back for a full refund

Aliexpress are pretty good now with dispute resolution.
They hold the payment in escrow until you accept the goods. You do however have to pay for the return shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts