Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the 6months since buying my 68plate P250, the Start/Stop function has not worked.
Before contacting my nearest dealer for advice, I wondered if there were any settings I may need to check and change which may disable the function. I have disabled the ECO drive setting which I understand cancels Start/Stop.
is there anything else I should be aware of that may cancel the function?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an 18 plate from new. The stop/start function stopped working after about 4 weeks. Then, after lockdown #1, when I never used the car for weeks, the battery died. I called out Jaguar assist and he replaced the battery, but also said he fixed a software fault that was draining it. Ever since then the stop/start was worked perfectly.

There are no menu software settings in the car for stop/start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We've discussed this at length in the XE forum and the consensus was that if the battery is below its optimum charge then Start/Stop ceases to function (as designed as it puts too much strain on the battery). If your car is sitting for some time between drives I suggest you get a trickle charger.

Reactions: Monkeyinyork

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think some issues with this were also addressed in a software update ages ago, so worth checking your car is at the current version (there are other threads on what the current version is). Start/Stop will only work if the battery has a reasonable level of charge in it, and there is some debate as to whether there is a 2nd battery for start/stop or possibly in newer cars a capacitor rather than a battery but I don't think I have ever seen a definitive position on how this works in 1st Gen e-Pace. But, overall, if it never works even after a long journey then its got to be worth getting it looked at assuming you are still in warranty.

·
Registered
294 Posts
From a battery perspective it needs checking as stated above. Given the cars age the battery is probably on its way out. As for the stop start itself on the 250, it’s terrible around town especially on slowing approach to roundabouts in conjunction with the annoying 9 speed box. So once fixed just don’t be expecting it to be beneficial to the driving experience.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In the 6months since buying my 68plate P250, the Start/Stop function has not worked.
Before contacting my nearest dealer for advice, I wondered if there were any settings I may need to check and change which may disable the function. I have disabled the ECO drive setting which I understand cancels Start/Stop.
is there anything else I should be aware of that may cancel the function?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts