Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It won't work until your battery is fully charged, which is not always the case with a new car.

When it does work, if you are anything like me, the first thing you'll do when you start your car is turn it off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I find it works very well - quickly and unobtrusively restarting the engine when you want to get moving again. It's much better than the system on a manual Freelander 2 I had a few years ago.

I've certainly not been tempted to switch it off except when in slow moving traffic queues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi. I've also got a D180 auto. My stop start has worked from day 1. But one annoying feature is that if the stop start has turned the engine off and then you switch from the foot brake to the parking brake the engine restarts. Seems counterintuitive to me!

·
Registered
94 Posts
murchison2003 said:
Galls k
Can I ask how many miles you have done so far? Do you have auto gearbox?
I've done around 600 miles and ain't kicked in yet
I've done about 600 miles (but the stop start was working by the time I got home from the dealers with the car). It's an auto.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just picked up my S D180 auto today and right away the stop start kicked in, really impressed by the tech bits there is a lot to take in.
Must admit liked the drive but at the moment my Evoque 2.2 diesel had a bit more oomph but probably need to give it a few more thousand miles before I judge.
Really good handover very thorough and enjoyed the unveiling bit in the collection room.
All in all a very good day and look forward to a nice trip round the lakes tomorrow

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a P250. The stop start worked fine for first two months then stopped. When the car was in to get a recall update I asked them to check it out. They said it is quite a common problem when the battery amps drop below a certain level. I was advised regardless of how many miles I drive, the battery once too low, will not recover enough for the stop start to operate without being pulse charged overnight. They asked if I could leave the car with them for an overnight charge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts