Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with the sunblind getting stuck or buckling when it opens? My car is parked outside and when starting the engine on a hot day the sun blind can get stuck opening. It is also becoming very noisy as it opens. Not such a problem in cool weather.

·
Registered
184 Posts
mine did this (wasn't hot weather at the time) and they fitted a new motor under warranty, it's a big job as the whole headlining has to come out so took a couple of days

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, I've had this. Both in very hot weather and very cold. In the end the fabric tore and it all had to be replaced. Originally the blind automatically closed when the car was stopped and reopened when next used, so it would activate even when very hot or cold, and if it jammed it was too late to stop the motor before damage was done. I've changed the setting so now it only works manually off the overhead switch, which I wouldn't touch in extreme temperatures until the interior temperature had stabilised.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention I too have the April 2018, D180 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White. Black Pack, 20" black wheels, panoramic roof, privacy glass so interesting that you have had the same problem. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.