Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just picked up my P250 HSE on Monday and love it, couple of issues on pickup though most if which now rectified,. SATNAV wouldn't work as no maps installed, wheels need balancing and there is a knocking from the front suspension similar to bushes when they have gone over small bumps. Now the dealer fixed satnav and balancing but said that they heard the knocking on road test but couldn't find anything. They tested another new demo and said it was the same so therefore not an issue. Surely this can't be right, does anyone else have a knocking?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

I had a similar problem car witn dealers after many problems and new gearbox
Other issues ECUs interfaces high fuel consumption
The suspension was out of alignment camber reset uneven wear on one front tyre
Now in hands of my solicitors to reject car this after rejection of XE accepted
Real Quality issues with brand

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So 2 weeks of investigation and nothing useful.. can't locate noise but 3 other cars petrol 250 do the same. Dealer has basically said there is nothing they can do. Not sure what my options are now apart from taking the car back and putting up with it or trying to reject the car as 4 weeks old of which they have had it for 2 weeks... Thoughts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for digging up an old thread. Took delivery of my epace on Saturday and immediately noticed the same thing, almost sou d's like a drop link? Did anyone get to the bottom of this before I start hounding my local dealer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gave up, numerous trips to dealer and all of the p300 and p250 platforms did it, they said nothing that could be done.,,, gave up, too many issues so moved to another jaguar model

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine did this from new, checked the passenger side arch liner and it WAS NOT BOLTED ONTO THE VEHICLE!!! Re-fixed this which got rid of most of the noise but still agree there is a lot of suspension noise form these vehicles. The only re-assurance I had was when I have had 2 x evoque's as courtesy cars and they make the same noise (agree it sounds like drop links)! I suppose that's the trade-off for 20" wheels :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts