Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening.

I am thinking of taking the plunge and investing in an E Pace.

Was looking at an R Dynamic SE P200.

Have now seen they are bringing out the Chequered Flag version and that seems to have a lot of the add ons I may have paid for and some of the tech I probably wouldn't use.

Just a few questions...

1. P200 or P250. I do most of my driving on A roads so not sure the extra 2k for the extra HP would be worth the money for me ???

2. 19" wheels. Do people think they look too small on the car ??? I do like the 20" but they are a £950 extra on the Chequered Flag.

3. Sound system. Worth the £600 to upgrade to Meridian ???

4. Final one I promise. Has anyone dealt with ROCKAR. They have given me a very good price, which includes a decent discount on the official Jag price.

Any feedback etc would be helpful.

Thanks a lot
Pilly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pilly said:
Good evening.

I am thinking of taking the plunge and investing in an E Pace.

Was looking at an R Dynamic SE P200.

Have now seen they are bringing out the Chequered Flag version and that seems to have a lot of the add ons I may have paid for and some of the tech I probably wouldn't use.

Just a few questions...

1. P200 or P250. I do most of my driving on A roads so not sure the extra 2k for the extra HP would be worth the money for me ???

2. 19" wheels. Do people think they look too small on the car ??? I do like the 20" but they are a £950 extra on the Chequered Flag.

3. Sound system. Worth the £600 to upgrade to Meridian ???

4. Final one I promise. Has anyone dealt with ROCKAR. They have given me a very good price, which includes a decent discount on the official Jag price.

Any feedback etc would be helpful.

Thanks a lot
Pilly.
Good morning

I have a P200 R-Dynamic SE. I'm very happy with it so far, 6 weeks in. The P250 would have been nice, but not the increased purchase price, insurance cost or tax here in Italy. The P200 is a fine car anyway. For A road driving switch into Sport mode & use the paddle shifters, you can put it into Dynamic mode as well if you like, just try not to look at the fuel gauge!

In my opinion the 19" wheels are the smallest size that look good on the car. If the roads are good where you are then you can have larger wheels & still retain a smooth ride.

Sound system for me is a must have, you won't regret it, the 380w system is great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, I have a P250 auto which I am very pleased with after 6 months ownership.
For me one of the best features which I would not like to do without is the acceleration performance which the P250 provides in spades. On wet surfaces the pull away from road junctions is rocket-like due to the AWD compared to my BMW which used to spin up its rear wheels. The power is usable. Top speed is irrelevant these days but acceleration is something you can experience quite often and get your monies worth. It depends on personal priorities. If someone just wanted a car to join the queues of traffic they could get all they want from a Ford Fiesta or the like but for B/A/M roads I find the P250 is perfect as well as taking bulky items to the tip, which my Mercedes SLC couldn't do.
The 20" wheels look great on this body.
The standard sound system is fine for me and plays my compiled music (Bowie/Rea/Kinks/Roxy etc) really well on my memory stick, I don't need a better sound system.
I'm not sure the R-Dynamic SE is worth the extra though.
Enjoy whatever you decide.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the P200 R-Dynamic SE and so far it's great (only had it a month or so). Just after ordering it I did wonder if I should have pushed the boat for a P250 but I'd missed the cut-off date, and actually the P200 seems absolutely fine. I used to have sports cars and the E-Pace is certainly different, but quick enough for me.

Also the 380W sound system is very good, personally I don't think I could justify the extra £ for the 800W.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies people.

So the P200 is fine but go for the P250 as I will want the acceleration.

The normal sound system is fine but the Meridan is too.

Ha ha ha. I'm still confused.

I'm going next Friday to have a chat with the dealer so will get them to play both sound systems and see how they go.

The engine I will have to have a think about.

Wheels. Again I will get them to show me a couple of cars with the different size wheel. I KNOW what looks better but need to decide if they are worth the extra grand.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm looking at buying a p250. I looked at a p200, and whilst nice I just think the extra bhp, and torque is worth the slight extra cost involved, to make progress on a/b/m roads I think you will punish mpg to much, whereas a p250 means you don't have to make quite so much use of hard acceleration.
Which is why I don't think I can justify the big jump to the p300

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just ensure it has the remote tailgate as it's sooooo useful and the manual one is apparently heavy for some. I have the 250 and I think the car is heavy enough that it's justified as it's goes like a rocket. I went for the S model as the R Dynamic pushed it past the magical 40k here in the UK which meant a ridiculous hike in road fund tax.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts