Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Members. I have had a warning today of low tyre pressure on front L/H 31 PSI, should be 35 PSI. yellow warnings have latched Even though I have adjusted all tyre pressures to correct PSI front 35 rear 31. How do the warnings clear from the display, thanks for any info.

P200 R Dynamic S. Mar 2019

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pete 1952 said:
Hi Members. I have had a warning today of low tyre pressure on front L/H 31 PSI, should be 35 PSI. yellow warnings have latched Even though I have adjusted all tyre pressures to correct PSI front 35 rear 31. How do the warnings clear from the display, thanks for any info.

P200 R Dynamic S. Mar 2019
The warning should clear automatically - has it done so yet?

I had a problem with this and ended up having to top-up with more air at a different petrol station before it cleared. The first petrol station's air pressure gauge must have been faulty.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Front tyres need replacing, so it's booked in tomorrow for that. I want the new tyres on the rear, and therefore the part worn current rear tyres on the front.

My question is, do I need to get the garage to keep the same TPMS valves exactly where they are or will they 'learn' whether they are front or rear. Want to avoid false warning messages. I have asked the garage (National Tyres) but they don't seem to know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The manual says 'A special service kit is required when changing a tyre fitted with a TPMS valve.', presumably a new battery and some sort of reset procedure. I would hope your tyre centre knows what to do.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The solution I found was to ask them to keep the same wheel rims and TPMS valves at each corner, putting the existing rear tyres on the front and the new ones on the back. Cost me an extra £40 but avoided the problem of a valve being on the wrong corner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have never had a problem with my TPMS valves. It should not matter which position the wheel is fitted.
My existing wheels are 19" and I recently bought a a set of 18" alloys taken from a Land Rover with existing TPMS valves, I fitted a new set of Winter M&S tyres, inflated to the correct pressure and went for a short drive and everything was working correctly.
As long as pressure is set at or above the recomended pressure the car should recognise the valve and it's position.
I have noticed that if not displaying correctly, over inflate by a few pounds, go for a short drive and then reduce the pressure to the correct level, everything should now be working properly.
It always works for me.
GS.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks grumpy souter (possibly the best username on here) - I've seen conflicting info on this, actual drivers seem to say what you're saying that they sort themselves out. The manual seems to suggest this special service kit is needed. I'd be reassured if there was a reset function in the car which would force the valves to work out which wheel they are on, but you seem to indicate it all does it itself.

Ah well, I'll need new front tyres in a few thousand miles so perhaps that'll give me a chance to find out!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've just been out in the snow faffing about with my EPace because the front right was low. Yeah it was 31 not 35 but so was the other side yet until it hit 35 it would not stop warning me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.