Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just noticed over the last few days that my E pace no longer rolls forward when i put it into drive mode.
I have to put a lot of pressure on the accelerator to get it to move forward.

This is particularly an issue when i am stopped at traffic lights. when the lights go green, i put my foot on the brake, select drive and nothing happens. i have to put my foot heavily on the accelerator to get it to move forward.

I have only had the car 2 weeks and this will be my 2nd time going back to the dealer - I got an amber engine warning light on my first day with the car.

I must say i am losing faith in this car, its practically new with only 14000 kilometres on the clock.
I am seriously thinking about handing the car back.

Gary

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds like the electronic parking brake is not releasing quickly which it should NOT do in the manner your describing. Surely when sat at lights your foot is on the brake holding the car which will have turned the engine off due to the stop start anyway. If I put mine into park at the lights it would do as you describe. I might have read your post wrong so apologies in advance if that's the case. If your having to really floor the throttle to release the EHB then yes that's not right for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply.

When i am at the traffic lights i put the car into Park mode and take my foot off the brake pedal.

When the lights go green, i put my foot on the brake pedal and select drive on the gear stick. I believe the car should start rolling forward without me having to apply any pressure to the accelerator pedal.

This is the case when i am reversing out of my drive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
gfanning said:
Hi, thanks for the reply.

When i am at the traffic lights i put the car into Park mode and take my foot off the brake pedal.

When the lights go green, i put my foot on the brake pedal and select drive on the gear stick. I believe the car should start rolling forward without me having to apply any pressure to the accelerator pedal.

This is the case when i am reversing out of my drive.
Ok the behaviour you have described is not sure if you have noticed.
When you put car in P it applies the handbrakes/parking brake automatically.
So eventually when you put in D or R that parking brake is still engaged till the point you hard press the accelerator so it releases.
Or you release it manually using the button.
Whenever you put car in P it will apply parking brake. And when you go to D parking brake would remain engaged unless you release it manually using button or hard press accelerator

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
263 Posts
As above and as I suspected, your using P when you shouldn't be. The car is acting correctly by the sounds of it. Same goes for any automatic with an electronic parking brake. That said when going from P to D it's not a mega shove on the throttle to release mine more a gradual progression. As this is a safety query I would urge you to consult your dealer for peace of mind as none of us can 100% know exactly what your experiencing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
at traffic lights it's far easier to hold it on the foot brake, or engage the electronic hand brake button. Then just release foot brake or press accelerator to move. Takes ages if you put it into Park.

That said, in your original post you say it "no longer rolls forward" so it does sound like something may have changed for you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Guys
Yes spoke to the dealer today and he recommends holding the foot brake at traffic lights or using the electronic hand brake. Thanks for all the replies.
Gary

·
Registered
161 Posts
I prefer to use parkbrake at traffic lights, as courtesy to drivers behind me, so as not to "blind" them with three stop lights

1 - 9 of 9 Posts