Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find the tyre pressures a bit weird? For my car the fronts are 35 normal, 47 heavy. That is a HUGE difference. Rears are 31 and 37 respectively. So the fronts go up twice as much as the rears when fully loaded even though the extra load is likely to be in the rear seat/boot. What about when you are part loaded? With such a wide range of settings presumably some mid-point setting would be appropriate when part loaded, but I'm not intending to put a foot pump in the car to use every time I do the weekly shop or pick up a couple of passengers. The dealer set 35 all round, so they are no help. I would like to hear what strategies others might be using.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If your putting another 2 people in the car I would expect that's still considered a light load. The load pressure will be for heavy towing where under breaking the fronts take the brunt. Mind you I didn't design the car so will be interesting to see what Jaguar say on this, your right though it's quite a difference over previous cars

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point. I hadn't considered the braking effect, you're right that could explain why the fronts need more pressure. But I'm still concerned at how easy it would be to get caught out with tyre pressures miles from where they should be due to changing load conditions. I'm new to this forum - are Jaguar likely to reply?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks. I'm gradually finding my way round the site.
Have driven 235 miles in the E-Pace today. Pure joy. Plus 50 mpg overall (D180 auto). Can't ask for more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts