Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front tyres are breaking up on the walls. A number of gaps are appearing like it is tearing it self apart. It is both front tyres. Has anyone else seen this. My car is kept secure overnight and it is very unlikely that this is vandalism. Also I have never kerbed it (although I suspect that when I take it into the dealer that or vandalism is what they will claim). So it would be helpful if anyone else has any similar problem.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting
I agree the scuff marks could be so interpreted, but what about the circular cut next to them, and the splitting of the tyre lower down. That split being one of several. The other front tyre has similar splits and marks.

The problem is that the car is parked overnight in a secure area, no public access whatsoever. If it were one slash I could perhaps accept that a passing vandal quickly did this. But with multiple splits on both front tyres, added to the lack of opportunity ( I never park in secluded places) I do not believe that it is vandalism. However I can see the dealer saying this and wanting me to pay for a pair of new tyres. Hence this post to find out if there is a known manufacturing flaw with goodyear tyres on the e-pace.

I will be asking them to send the tyres back to good year for their comment.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I suspected the dealer insist that the damage is down to "kerbing" the car. Now whilst I KNOW that I have never kerbed it, and I fail to see how kerbing results in 4 separate tears all round the tyre, it was like talking to a brick wall. They insisted that they were right. Funnily enough they quoted me a replacement cost that was significantly lower than any I had seen anywhere else on the internet. Even lower than mail order fit it yourself!!! So I paid. But if it re-occurs then I will have a very different conversation. I wonder if the car is just too heavy for the tyres and the slightest bump over time wears them out faster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts