Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some while ago I was confronted with a thin strip of foam trim dangling down from the wiper-cowl area under the hood/bonnet. It actually almost caught fire on the exhaust manifold and was smoking profusely.

Anyone with the same experience?

Would someone with the foam strip material still in place be able to provide me with a good picture where this trim is supposed to sit? It may be restricted only to the P160 and P300e variants, no information on other engines, however it is attached to the bodywork (not the engine).

Many thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the area in question. From farther away (to help orientation) closer and closer and finally slightly from centre to outside right side (with phone on top of the engine). Would anyone mind to take a same picture to check where the dropped-off foam stip is supposed to sit? (It’s absent from my pics). Thanks!

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Steering part

Grille Hood Automotive tire Car Automotive lighting

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel

·
Registered
31 Posts
As you said, it "may be restricted only to the P160 and P300e". Actually, the video (see link below) shows my Diesel engine which seems to be a little bit different:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has been super helpful!
It’s now believed that our car had one foam strip too many and that one essentially ‘fell off’

1 - 4 of 4 Posts