Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always listen to music from a USB stick. When i start the car, the system sometimes forgets the last track played.....so sometimes it remembers the last position and sometimes it starts again from the 1st track. It ALWAYS forgets that i play the songs random so that the car chooses the songs. Always when i get in the car i have to select the randomplay function....very annoying. How difficult can it be to make the software remembering this function ??? I have the latest update S20C1.....and the problem still exists.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved now with the newest update S21A. Now the system remembers the last play song as wel as shuffle play function.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did update come via SOTA ?
I have the same issue with it always starting at track 1 on the USB.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, but not automatically...is asked Jaguar to open the update for my vehicle and then i could download it via SOTA.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jampie said:
Yes, but not automatically...is asked Jaguar to open the update for my vehicle and then i could download it via SOTA.
Thanks Jampie. I got the car in November last year and it's not detected an update since, I'm on S20C
I'll have a word with dealer.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Interesting, I have had that problem for 3 years & each time an update comes they say it will fix it! Today my 3rd service has updated to 21A, even though I haven't had notification through SOTA, I will be interested to see 🤞🤞

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well the good news is that the media player remembers where the last track is, unfortunately sometimes it doesn't load at all and if it does load it takes so long that it gives up and defaults to the radio.
I admit the memory has over 3,000 tracks on it but it worked perfectly in our 2016 MINI. I believe half the problem is the licensing/loading of the Gracenote artwork and album information.
I'm better off letting it play the music from my iphone which it recognises instantly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, i had also that problem; 3500 tracks on usb (33GB). It was too much and loaded slow. I put 1200 tracks on another USB stick (12 GB) and that works perfect.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use WMA files and have no issues.
Does anyone know if you can setup playlists in Windows media player and play the in the car ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks, Jiggyjag.
That's strange ...
:?:
Actually, I have some USB keys, some with MP3 files, and some with WMA files: all worked well with the player of my previous car (not a JLR).
The player of my current E-PACE is happy with the MP3 files, but cannot read the WMA ones. I have thus converted the WMA files into MP3 files, and have recorded them in the same folder (where each song now exists both in MP3, and in WMA): the player can read them now ...

·
Registered
91 Posts
ecape said:
Thanks, Jiggyjag.
That's strange ...
:?:
Actually, I have some USB keys, some with MP3 files, and some with WMA files: all worked well with the player of my previous car (not a JLR).
The player of my current E-PACE is happy with the MP3 files, but cannot read the WMA ones. I have thus converted the WMA files into MP3 files, and have recorded them in the same folder (where each song now exists both in MP3, and in WMA): the player can read them now ...
So it can now play both MP3 and wma - very strange.
I know the cars can be selective over the USB sticks ' make, size etc. But not heard of only playing MP3 and not wma.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ecape said:
I have thus converted the WMA files into MP3 files, and have recorded them in the same folder (where each song now exists both in MP3, and in WMA): the player can read them now ...
Sorry for the ambiguity of my sentence: I meant that the player is now able to read the MP3 files (the WMA files are still invisible, i.e., each song does not appear twice, unlike the situation on the computer where each song is duplicated, one MP3 file, and one WMA file).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts