Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so we now have Android Auto as an alternative maps to the Jaguar one and Waze maps which also runs with Android Auto but....
The Jaguar version warns you about Safety Cameras (I like this feature) but doesn't seem to give me traffic flow which is ideal in city traffic.
The Android Auto version shows traffic flow with coloured lines but no Safety Camera warnings.
Waze gives super traffic flow info by even showing traffic speed but again no Safety Cameras.

Am I missing something here or is it a case of using which one suits your priorities best but not necessarily what you really want?

G

·
alp said:
Ok, so we now have Android Auto as an alternative maps to the Jaguar one and Waze maps which also runs with Android Auto but....
The Jaguar version warns you about Safety Cameras (I like this feature) but doesn't seem to give me traffic flow which is ideal in city traffic.
The Android Auto version shows traffic flow with coloured lines but no Safety Camera warnings.
Waze gives super traffic flow info by even showing traffic speed but again no Safety Cameras.

Am I missing something here or is it a case of using which one suits your priorities best but not necessarily what you really want?
Alp

I am in the UK with Phase 4 - 18B ( without Android Auto / Apple CarPlay )

I use the Jaguar SatNav and although it is much lacking in basic features like being able to select Fastest, Shortest etc my system certainly shows Speed Cameras and traffic flow colours on the route. Others on the forum that do not live in the UK have certain functionality restricted.

I would love the SatNav to be more like Tom Tom which I used for the last 15 years or more. The Jaguar system persists in sending me down small single track roads when a dual carriageway is practically alongside !! I have gone through the menus time and again to check what I want. Last week it diverted me off the M25 at one junction and after 30 mins I got back on at the next junction and even started passing the same slow trucks as previously so the road wasn't closed !! Bizarre !

·
Registered
75 Posts
alp - by traffic flow you mean coloured highlights showing how heavy the traffic is? You can switch that on for the built in satnav, click one of the icons on the map (I forget which one) and switch on traffic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.