Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are having some lovely weather at the moment. Driving home tonight I noticed a loud cooling fan noise, so loud I could hear it over the radio. No warning lights or overheating. Pulled in the driveway and even the neighbour came across and commented on the loud noise coming from the engine with a light knocking as well. Don't want to make a fool of myself by calling someone out for a cooling fan but it's never been that loud. It's a four month old P200 - anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a P250 and never noticed the fan noise until today. (Despite driving in >40 C heat for much of this summer). Turned off the engine, got out of the car and the fan was going like the clappers, making more noise than the engine would at idle.
About 10 seconds later the fan begins to slow and gradually shuts down over further 10 seconds.

I recommend checking to see if some debris is caught in the fan causing the excessive noise though.
Cheers
John

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took it in today for a 15 minute triage appointment, the service area is half indoors and everyone was staring at it as I drove in. The guy who came over said it sounded like it was about to take off! The fan needs replacing so they are ordering the part. Not sure how I feel about failing parts on a 3 month old car even if it is a warranty repair.

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK, Did anyone get sorted with this. Mine went in last Thursday for the loud fan noise issue and they said to me exactly the same comments as Briarwood. When I drove it in the comment was "Sounds like its about to take off"

Anyway, Thursday they downloaded new software as they thought that would solve the issue. That didnt work so they ordered new water pump. That was fitted Friday afternoon followed by a quality check. That quality check failed. Saturday only update I got was that it was still not fixed and they would have to contact Jaguar technical team. However, they would not be available until Monday. Monday came and the suggestion from Jaguar was that it was a "Coolant Valve" issue rather than water pump. Tuesday morning called for an update and they told me there was still no fix and admitted a bit of head scratching going on. They re confirmed that Jaguar were involved but at present I have been 5 days without the vehicle.

Interested to see if others have had this resolved

S

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh no! Mine goes in today - they said it needs a new fan, can't cope without a car for five days - will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Briarwood said:
Oh no! Mine goes in today - they said it needs a new fan, can't cope without a car for five days - will let you know what happens.
Yeah let me know, mine will be in a week tomorrow, still no sign of a fix. Where you based?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a p200 which is max 6 months old and over the last few weeks the fan has been kicking in after about 20 mins of driving - and yes it sounds like it's about to take off! The technical guy at Beadles (where I got it) said it sounded like the fan issue and it's going in on Friday. Will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,
Mine is going into the jaguar dealership I brought it from (Beadles) - their own service team are looking at it tomorrow morning. I will keep you all updated on the outcome.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you are willing to wait yes, 3 week wait without a courtesy car, 9 weeks for a car. Couldn't stand the noise and vibrations for another two months.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not good news there is no fix for this at the moment, they are referring it to jaguar technical and trying to source me a car in the meantime. It is safe to drive so the other option is they give it me back until they have a fix :roll:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Briarwood said:
Not good news there is no fix for this at the moment, they are referring it to jaguar technical and trying to source me a car in the meantime. It is safe to drive so the other option is they give it me back until they have a fix :roll:
You're right, not good news. Looking forward to taking delivery of mine in a few weeks, hoping it won't have this problem, kidding myself really :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Briarwood said:
They said the same to me, that it was safe to drive, However, I cant believe that the fan going like the clappers constantly can be good nevermind the sound it makes when you drive past people.
Jaguar technical have been all over mine since Monday so in effect 4 days. Still nothing. Its a worry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Product Azure Screenshot Font Technology
Just to let you all know - i have contacted jaguar via twitter to see if this fault has been reported and asking them to look into it. I suggest you do the same as the more of us that highlight this the better. They have come back to me asking for the vin number and my details and the dealership and are going to look into it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 230 Posts