Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

went to my local dealer today to look at a E Pace for my wife ... and just look at the poor fit of panels

The front bonnet is just awful and the rear tailgate does not even line up, honestly can't Jaguar get anything right :roll: took one look at it and went to the BMW garage

honestly why would I part my money for this .. I have not got the energy to buy another jaguar with all the build quality issues that come with it .. and don't get me started on the ITCP ..

and the bonnet was closed correctly, absolutely disgraceful .. they can keep it, didn't even bother test driving it in the end

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I' quite worried about that. Will probably order mine
within january but those issues aren't acceptable. Will show the photos to my dealer, I don't want that
quality level.
By the way, what are looking at in BMW garage?
X1 isn't sporty and sharp as E Pace, it looks like a quiet family car though it might offer an higher quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello

I know exactly .. I just spent a few seconds literally looking at the car and found these poor panel defects

and why on did not the QA person pick this up .. and even worse the lazy production line tech who fitted it
sent the scene ... factory worker steps back and thinks to themselves .. that will do :twisted: on a launch car as well, should be perfect
Then .... the stevie wonder (no offense) QA dept for christ sake

Jaguar ..sort it out or you will blow it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bradipo62 said:
Bmw x2 might be a better bet if you don't choose a
petrol version with a decent power, let's say above 200 bhp, cause, so far, aren't available .
Hello .. yes very good point, also noticed no Desiel versions available for the x1 wonder if bmw Have dropped them ? I must admit the 300 Bhp Petrol version is tempting but the e pace price rockets with a few extras at this level

·
Registered
31 Posts
Posted when prices were first available that petrol 240 bhp is the best engine. So it's a pity Jag are taking the p1ss with its pricing. In other cars it 2k cheaper than the diesel but 4K more in the e pace. It's the reason a didn't order one

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pacemaker1000 said:
Posted when prices were first available that petrol 240 bhp is the best engine. So it's a pity Jag are taking the p1ss with its pricing. In other cars it 2k cheaper than the diesel but 4K more in the e pace. It's the reason a didn't order one
Probably because everyone is now moving to petrol after the kicking DIEsel has been receiving in the press recently.
Our Evoque will be the last diesel we buy (purely for financial reasons) and I agree that Jaguar are having a laugh with petrol vehicle prices, so it looks like our next SUV will be a Stelvio.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had similar issues with 2 FPaces which I rejected. I replaced them with an Alfa Stelvio 280 bhp I have covered 4,000 miles with no problems I never had a week with the Jaguars without some problem.
I would definitely recommend anybody looking at Epace to look at the Stelvio and take a test drive it's a fantastic car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts