Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I use the voice control and like any other i find it works about 80% of the time. A bit disappointed with the voice control for the navigation as i can't find a way to ask for a specific address to go to. I may be missing something or not commanding properly, does anyone have any thoughts on this or advise what i'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I haven't used it much but it seems very simple. Press the Voice button then say what you want, like 'tune to BBC Radio 2' or 'call home'. It repeats what it thinks you said and then does it. No need to record voice tags, although they may help if you use it a lot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep, mine seems ok and even talked back to me to say I had 2 similar phone contacts based on what I had asked for and which one did I want. Can't say I use it very much to identify any problems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm still on 18B, so don't have Apple Carplay/Android Auto. I don't have any burning desire to get it upgraded, so probably wait till its first service.

With the voice control, I mainly use it for navigation, "Go home" and "Go to postcode" are the most useful. One thing to note though is that the navigation is stated immediately, rather than letting you choose alternative routes as you can when you type in the destination or select from your favourites/recents.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's still giving me a headache! The only command that works is when I say "play <song title>" - the song is then found quickly on my 32GB USB stick. But only this particular song will be played and then it goes back to the previous album instead of just continuing to the next song of the present album. It would make so much sense if it could respond to the command "play <album>" or "play <artist>" since it is really dangerous to fumble on the center screen while driving. As a reaction to these commands, the system repeats the names correctly, but nothing happens...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts