Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone throw any light on this? I don't have Apple CarPlay but I can play music from my iPhone through the car's speakers using either Bluetooth or USB connection. I can switch between the iPhone and car radio on the central touch screen by selecting media source. I would like to be able to do this using Voice Control, but I've only been partially successful. I can use Voice Control to change from the iPhone to the radio, but it won't respond the other way - it says "requested media not available" or something similar. Am I doing something wrong, or have I got a software glitch, or is it just not an available command?

I can use Voice Control to make phone calls, so it is recognising the iPhone for that purpose. I had a software upgrade a couple of weeks ago so that should be up to date. I would be grateful for any ideas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The latest software upgrades 13.1 and 13.2 are causing problems, I have Carplay in my Epace and our Vauxhall since the upgrade they are not working, Have tried Old I phone 7 which is using older Operating system and Carplay is working.

The Apple forum is full of people complaining about the upgrade. Unfortunately cannot revert to the old OS nowadays.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been holding off installing iOS 13.1 as I've heard it's caused problems, so it isn't that. But it's a reminder of how many factors there are to consider when something isn't working

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm on the latest software just upgraded to S 19B 19.35.55-418001, car play been working well since the upgrade until ios 13.1.2. was loaded now unable to use. Connect phone via apple lightning cable, Screen appears but when you touch the icon it goes back to the initial Jaguar Screen.

Our Vauxhall Mokka x has Car play fitted and since software update ios 13.1.2 Car play has stopped working.

The software upgrade was carried out by Pentland Jaguar in Edinburgh and i am not driving 50 miles each way to get it checked out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Assuming your connected to Bluetooth are you saying "Play Bluetooth Audio" will not work if you are listening to the radio before pushing the button on the steering wheel. I'm an android user but the playback of Bluetooth voice commands are surely the same. This worked no issue before and after I got the android/Apple update last week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pwood said:
Assuming your connected to Bluetooth are you saying "Play Bluetooth Audio" will not work if you are listening to the radio before pushing the button on the steering wheel. I'm an android user but the playback of Bluetooth voice commands are surely the same. This worked no issue before and after I got the android/Apple update last week.
Thanks Pwood, I hadn't used that command and it works! It doesn't appear on my list of Apple device voice commands. Problem solved, hands free switching between iPhone audio and radio now sorted.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, it was the Jaguar commands I was looking at. The Epace prompts a list of possible commands on screen but I couldn't find that one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts