Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has just been told her fully loaded Dynamic HSE which was ordered end of November is going to available 12th Feb. She is now wondering if its worth waiting to collect and register it in March.
So does the team think a 19 plate is with waiting for or is it purely snob value these days.
I would add she intends to keep it for a good few years

Neil

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you pick the car up in feb on a 68 plate the car will look 6 months old after only 3 weeks because most strangers will assume you got it in September, just depends if that bothers you or not

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What other people think doesn't really come into it, it's really whether it will affect the resale value 5 years down the line. I would suspect not but hey what do I know.
The dealer, who has been brilliant, is quite happy to do either Feb or March

·
Registered
97 Posts
Surely "what other people think" will matter once you come to sell it as it will be 'other people' that are buying it and it will look 6 months older than it is, if your getting pcp and your just going to swap the car in a few years anyway I wouldn't bother waiting but personally if your buying the car and keeping it for longer than a few years it would be my opinion to wait til March

G

·
Neil1314 said:
My wife has just been told her fully loaded Dynamic HSE which was ordered end of November is going to available 12th Feb. She is now wondering if its worth waiting to collect and register it in March.
So does the team think a 19 plate is with waiting for or is it purely snob value these days.
I would add she intends to keep it for a good few years

Neil
For what's its worth I would wait for the March plate. I think it does matter on the resale value but only on the first few years.

I have a personal plate so it always looks old 😀

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine was due to be ready end of Jan but asked them to keep it until March 1st so its on a 19 (although my private plate will go on after 6 months).

I just though as there is only a 6 week difference it would be nice to have a new reg on the release date, plus I am selling my car privately and trying to sell in Jan / Feb may be a bit of a chore.

G

·
I had my personal plate all ready and waiting and the dealer put the plates on so it was great to see my personalised car being unveiled 😀😀

·
Registered
252 Posts
If the dealer wants you to take ownership now then they will provide an incentive. It's is the end of January so tomorrow it's worth exploring just how much they want the January sale. If you save a bit now it should negate the plate change difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts