Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stay well clear of JLR, I purchased a new E-Pace D180, it had a potentially fatal fault but Jaguar insisted there was no fault found even after I provided evidence taken from the car. Took over two months to get the dealer to accept the car back.

So the dealership, Marshalls Cambridge, UK are now selling the car AK18 UFM in full knowledge that there's a potentially fatal unresolved fault.

https://www.marshall.co.uk/used-cars/8894177-jaguar-e-pace-2.0d-180-se-5dr-auto/?utm_source=Cazana.com%20-%20Call%20020%203137%206567&utm_medium=portal&utm_campaign=AK18UFM

·
Registered
93 Posts
a18041967 said:
Stay well clear of JLR, I purchased a new E-Pace D180, it had a potentially fatal fault but Jaguar insisted there was no fault found even after I provided evidence taken from the car. Took over two months to get the dealer to accept the car back.

So the dealership, Marshalls Cambridge, UK are now selling the car AK18 UFM in full knowledge that there's a potentially fatal unresolved fault.

https://www.marshall.co.uk/used-cars/8894177-jaguar-e-pace-2.0d-180-se-5dr-auto/?utm_source=Cazana.com%20-%20Call%20020%203137%206567&utm_medium=portal&utm_campaign=AK18UFM
Good afternoon a18041967,

Thank you for your post on the thread, I am sorry to learn that you have experienced the concerns raised in your post.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks, Stacie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PhilS said:
Hi, Can I ask what the potentially fatal fault is.

I am sure other owners would find this helpful as well.

Thanks
We had the E-Pace for 16 days, whilst my wife was driving on a dual carriage way at +60 mph the car unexpectedly braked, stopped, gears changed to braked and engine switched off. Supposedly no fault found, and this was even after I submitted data & evidence taken from the car, took over 2 months of arguing and eventually had my original trade-in returned.

This could have resulted in fatalities, luckily both wife and daughter where shaken but OK, the car & lorry behind the E-Pace realized there was a problem and avoided a collision.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Many thanks, must have been terrifying, so glad nothing hit you. Surely this was recorded by the cars systems, The app tracks and records stuff.
I have over 6K miles and nothing like that or some of the other experiences others are having has happened to myself.

Appreciate you sharing this with me.
Best wishes.
PhilS

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PhilS said:
Many thanks, must have been terrifying, so glad nothing hit you. Surely this was recorded by the cars systems, The app tracks and records stuff.
I have over 6K miles and nothing like that or some of the other experiences others are having has happened to myself.

Appreciate you sharing this with me.
Best wishes.
PhilS
Yes the vehicle showed the journey but it appeared as two separate journeys with a 1 minute break which was the incident, this was the evidence I submitted. JLR's response was still, 'no fault found', at this point I then asked them to explain the 1 minute break and what had happened, magically they then said they had retrieved all available data and there was no more they could do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Similar problem with E Pace car stopped in the middle of the main road with failure of gearbox. Dealers and JLR agreed after 5 weeks to replace the gearbox. Put car back on the road many other problems now with dealer for rejection of car another 6 weeks off the road. This is the second Jaguar I have had problems rejected XE accepted after 10 months and made a mistake to go with another JLR having spent £70k would expect reliable fault free car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts