Jaguar E-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was driving home the other night my car dropped from ECO mode to Comfort mode. All attempts to switch mode gave this error Warning : Special Modes unavailable. Any idea why? Anyone else had this on an E-Pace?

Next time I used the car the problem had gone. But not happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car did this repeatedly from new. Fixed by replacing the Haldex coupling. Every time it happened I also got a warning saying that the AWD was not available and I had reduced traction.

Several weeks later it started doing it again but without the warning. It is in the dealer now being investigated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hmmm. I thought I had left Haldex problems behind when I traded in my earlier Freelander 2 for for my E-Pace. FL2s were notorious for this problem and - based on my own experience - LR needed a lot of pushing to replace the unit under warranty, preferring to rely on a "repair". On my first Freelander 2 the car was off the road for nearly three weeks before the matter was fully resolved (by eventually replacing the Haldex unit).

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Epace selector stops working after driving for about 20mins and during snow, I had the car in rain/ snow mode and this dropped out after 20 mins. Car been into JLR dealer and is unresolved. In again next week but if not fixed, will ask them to buy car off me as am getting tired of taking car back numerous times because of JLR poor reliability and incompetence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jaguar main dealer had vehicle for two days. Fault appears to have been fixed by changing the 'mode selector' switch on centre console, which is apparently 'intelligent'. The technician reported that he had same fault on the car he was using, and applied same repair.
Out of interest, what is 'HALDEX'?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts